Thread: How to beat a very attacking 3-2-3-2 formation?????

Rookie

How to beat a very attacking 3-2-3-2 formation?????

Hi all I've got 2ng leg champions league coming up tomorrow against a very attack minded 3N-2MC-3AML/AMC/AMR-2ST. Got beaten 2-0 at home in 1st leg using a 4-5-1v style formation using normal tactics. Tried changing formation during game but seemed to have no effect. Had more possession, more shots (less on target 4 to his 7) less corners. Was thinking of going 4-4-2 def with counters. Anyone think of anything different. Wouldn't mind losing but when he brings on a sub with the name "**** u ur out of the cup" I was a bit pissed. So any help would be appreciated!!!!!THX

Try 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond. use the empty spot of no DMC and you can better have a DMC to block his AMC.

But 4-4-2 should also be good.
    Last edited by Wiesse; 10-15-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiesse View Post
    Try 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond. use the empty spot of no DMC and you can better have a DMC to block his AMC.

But 4-4-2 should also be good.
    Thanks for that. understand about 4-1-2-1-2 attacking through the middle. His AML and AMR are both quite strong so will this not leave me open to attacks down the flanks. My DL and DR are not quite as strong so would the 4-4-2 not be a better option to double up on the AML and AMR.

Quote Originally Posted by devilswater View Post
    Thanks for that. understand about 4-1-2-1-2 attacking through the middle. His AML and AMR are both quite strong so will this not leave me open to attacks down the flanks. My DL and DR are not quite as strong so would the 4-4-2 not be a better option to double up on the AML and AMR.
    Then is 4-4-2 indeed a better option. By narrow diamond indeed attacking trough the middle

Rookie
    Decided to go with 4-5-1 v style again but same result. Was holding my own until DL got injured after 38 mins. Seems my team couldn't hit the proverbial cows arse with a banjo. 11 shots, 5 on target but no goals and their keeper not one save to make!!! 45-55 possession, 7 corners to his 4, 1 free kick to his 0. He had 7 shots 4 on target with 2 goals. Wouldn't mind but most of my players decided not to turn up tonight once again. Even with a massive win bonus it gives no incentive. Once again I was obviously not meant to win the champs league. As his player said so eloquently hahahaha yo been dicked!!!!!