Thread: New season tactic planning

New season tactic planning

I am planning for the new season and have noticed that during this season i have struggled 2/3 times against this formation.....

------------ST------------
    AML------AMC------AMR
    ------------MC-----------
    -----------DMC----------
    DL-----DC-----DC----DR

I have tried 4-5-1v style but not been effective.

Generally the opponents have been around 4-5 quality points better than me , and even though i have a dmc ...there amc's seems to be scoring a lot from distance.

Any counter formation ideas and orders would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Red FC-Level 24-Season 24
    Winners x 17 (2nd x 5 , 3rd x 1)
    Winners x 7 (2nd x 2 , 3rd x 4)
    Winners x 6 (2nd x 5 , 3rd x 3)
    TREBLE X 3

Rookie
    Yeah 4-5-1 V is definitely the best counter for that. Did you make sure you had focus passing down both flanks? And hard tackling? (With own half/zonal defence and neither of the bottom boxes ticked?

Attacking/normal/defensive and long/short/mixed are personal preference (Or depend on your situation), but generally I'd go for attacking + long or attacking + mixed.

If you had all of those options, and your players were all at 99% condition/moral, then it could simply be a combination of bad luck + lesser player quality if you consistently lost. As winning is a combination of formation, orders, conditioning/moral and player quality.

You could potentially look into dropping your AMR or AML and replacing them with another ST or AMC stacked to one side (then change orders to pass down left or right flank), that would put a bit more pressure on 1x side and could be good, particularly if your opponent was a bit weaker on one side. Or replace the AMR or AML with an extra MC for extra possession.

That's my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by SlyAnimal View Post
    Yeah 4-5-1 V is definitely the best counter for that. Did you make sure you had focus passing down both flanks? And hard tackling? (With own half/zonal defence and neither of the bottom boxes ticked?

Attacking/normal/defensive and long/short/mixed are personal preference (Or depend on your situation), but generally I'd go for attacking + long or attacking + mixed.

If you had all of those options, and your players were all at 99% condition/moral, then it could simply be a combination of bad luck + lesser player quality if you consistently lost. As winning is a combination of formation, orders, conditioning/moral and player quality.

You could potentially look into dropping your AMR or AML and replacing them with another ST or AMC stacked to one side (then change orders to pass down left or right flank), that would put a bit more pressure on 1x side and could be good, particularly if your opponent was a bit weaker on one side. Or replace the AMR or AML with an extra MC for extra possession.

That's my 2c
    Thanks for all your advice.....much appreciated.........yeah did all you said for orders....except i had counter attack switched on ,just on the basis i was playing a stronger team....do you think that would make much of a difference?

All my players had 99% condition and moral
    TREBLE X 3

Rookie
    Yes that would make a difference I think, although you do have a lot of defensive players, so maybe not tooo much of a difference. But every bit counts.

As from what I gather, force counter attacks is for when you have a lot of players on defence. As basically you wait until your opponent comes into your half, steal the ball, then boot it downfield (to where your striker/AMCs are hopefully unmarked). For the V formation, playing vs a much stronger team, I don't think it'd be a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyAnimal View Post
    Yes that would make a difference I think, although you do have a lot of defensive players, so maybe not tooo much of a difference. But every bit counts.

As from what I gather, force counter attacks is for when you have a lot of players on defence. As basically you wait until your opponent comes into your half, steal the ball, then boot it downfield (to where your striker/AMCs are hopefully unmarked). For the V formation, playing vs a much stronger team, I don't think it'd be a good option.
    Ok buddy......will remember that and give it a go......thanks again and good luck for the new season !
    TREBLE X 3