Thread: Help against 3N - 2 (DML/DMR) - 3N - 2

Help against 3N - 2 (DML/DMR) - 3N - 2

I've just lost my top of the table clash against a team using that formation. It's still only the first loss of the season and I'm only 3 points behind him so I've still got time to catch him. The problem is that I always struggle against a team using this formation - I can't seem to be able to break them down. In fact this is the first time in 3 seasons that I was unable to score a goal in a match.

I've tried a variety of formations against it though most failed to counter it. My team's quality is always greater than theirs, this match included yet I can't finsih them off while they always have plenty of chances against me. I suspect they are using counter-attacks with defensive mentality.

In this latest attempt I used the 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 ND formation, with attacking mentality, through the middle, mixed passing, normal tackling, zonal marking with no counter-attack and offside. I dominated possession though he had slightly more shots to me while I had to commit far more tackles than him. I lost to a penalty kick, so my defence is probably good enough. For future references, what do you suggest I change in order to defeat this type of formation?

I usually play 4-3W-2AMC-1 against this. Think about it.