Thread: Orders against a 4-4-2 classic

Banned

Orders against a 4-4-2 classic

What do you guys think are the best orders to use againts the 4-4-2 classic formation.

As it´s a general all round solid formation do you think mixed focus on passing and mixed passing style will work well, whole pitch pressing, normal tackling and i´ve gone for attacking mentality as i´m the home side, zonal marking and no counters or offsides.

Would anyone do anything different, i´m a 74.4 quality and he´s a 72.6, so pretty similar really.

I have the same problem
    i tried formations like 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond , 4-1-3w-2 and 3w-5-2
    and all lost against 4-4-2
    although my quality is 30% greater than the opponent

The orders depend of the weaknesses of your opponent, you need to see were do you have the Best players and were does he have the weaker ones.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emadbsb View Post
    I have the same problem
    i tried formations like 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond , 4-1-3w-2 and 3w-5-2
    and all lost against 4-4-2
    although my quality is 30% greater than the opponent
    Well at the moment if i´ve come up against a 4-4-2 then i´ve played the same formation , and my last 2 opponants have played a 4-4-2,
    i´ve won 5-1 at home against a 70.8 quality side after being 0-1, i had 55/45 possession, then last night i won 1-2 against a 71 quality side with 42/58 possession, so i seem to be getting it right, and i don´t really know if it has anything to do with the way the game goes but i´m now unbeaten in 8 and won the last 7 in a row.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    The orders depend of the weaknesses of your opponent, you need to see were do you have the Best players and were does he have the weaker ones.
    Well to be honest where pretty equal i´ve studied his players and my defence is stronger than his 2 strikers and his wide men, my strikers are stronger than his defence but his dl is a Little stonger than my mr, but my ml is stronger than his dr, hope your following me,lol, our mc´s are really the same i hav 2 74´s where he has a 74, and a 75, my players in there sectors have scored more goals than his players, so overall it´s pretty similar, as i said i´m a 74.4 and he´s a 72.6, in my favor i´m home and will be watching with a full crowd so 13% to start, i think today will boil down to who takes their chances, i´m currently on an unbeaten run of 8 with winning the last 7, where his last 8 are wwlllwwd, not that it makes a blind bit of difference, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    Totally aggree with this. When against 4-4-2 If the wingback is weaker than the center back then I attack from the flank, if the center back is weaker than the wingback then I attack from the center. If all defenders are weak than I just put mixed passing or keep attacking from both flanks.

long pass usually good to attack 442

Banned
    Just to let you know i won 6-2, i had 56/44 possession, he had a man recieve a 2nd yellow card on 40 mins, but i was already 2-0 to the good, so i think matching the 4-4-2 formation seems to work better than trying this, that and the other, thanx for your view tho, good look for the rest of the season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Totally aggree with this. When against 4-4-2 If the wingback is weaker than the center back then I attack from the flank, if the center back is weaker than the wingback then I attack from the center. If all defenders are weak than I just put mixed passing or keep attacking from both flanks.

long pass usually good to attack 442
    Just to let you know i won 6-2, i had 56/44 possession, he had a man recieve a 2nd yellow card on 40 mins, but i was already 2-0 to the good, so i think matching the 4-4-2 formation seems to work better than trying this, that and the other, thanx for your view tho, good look for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion11 View Post
    Good for you man! Congrats!