Thread: Help!! How to play against this defensive team.

Help!! How to play against this defensive team.

His team:
    Help!! How to play against this defensive team.-3w-2dmc-3mc-2st.jpg

My team:
    Help!! How to play against this defensive team.-my-team.jpg

I was thinking of playing defensive counter offside both flanks mixed passing??

Any help on this is welcome!

He's not really playing with a defensive team though. 3 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders leads to a normally balanced team. The lack of attacking midfielders is slightly defensive minded, but in general you can expect his offense to be strong.

Considering he isn't playing with attacking midfielders and he has a couple of DMCs, you'll want to go with a flat midfield. 3-5-2, 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 with attacks either down the flanks or mixed would work well.
    Your team looks considerably weaker to me, so I would definitely not go with only 3 defenders. Opt for 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or even 5-4-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    He's not really playing with a defensive team though. 3 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders leads to a normally balanced team. The lack of attacking midfielders is slightly defensive minded, but in general you can expect his offense to be strong.

Considering he isn't playing with attacking midfielders a:-) nd he has a couple of DMCs, you'll want to go with a flat midfield. 3-5-2, 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 with attacks either down the flanks or mixed would work well.
    Your team looks considerably weaker to me, so I would definitely not go with only 3 defenders. Opt for 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or even 5-4-1.
    Why not go with 3N at back as his opponent has no wingers upfront??????
    I will say 3N-4-2W-1 mixed or down the flanks. I agree with the Midfield wall point, Killer bee. I will just suggest 3N behind and AML/AMR as there r 2 DMCs so no use of AMCs and his DL/DR will be busy with his AML/AMR.
    Well, even 3N-3W-2W-2 shall work as his lone DC can be exploited by 2 STs.
    But, IMO, the result depends on Trol Mourinho as I lost yesterday when I played AML/AMR down the flanks against a team without any DL/DR/DML/DMR, that is no wing defence. And they kept a clean sheet!!!! That is pathetic. I was 1st 7 matches back and am now 3rd, 15 points behind 1st and 3 behind 2nd. 2nd have some tough matches coming up so I Amy come 2nd. If I end up coming 3rd or below, I am going to Quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post

Considering he isn't playing with attacking midfielders and he has a couple of DMCs, you'll want to go with a flat midfield. 3-5-2, 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 with attacks either down the flanks or mixed would work well.
    Yeah i do agree, i think 4-4-2 classic is the best option with down both flanks, defensive mentality since his/her team players stronger than you