Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mexanik

Thread: Formation or Skills??

Formation or Skills??

hello everyone,i just have one question and i would appreciate any good advice about it.

I'm Level 4,and for the first 3 seasons i played this game,or i should say i let the game play itself on my android device,i can tell,with surprising results!
    Now that i associated my team with a Fb account,guess what? I'm struggling going through this season,obviously cause of the lack of skilled players,but i just started buying few.
    Now my formation is pretty weird,cause my main formation is good skilled,even above the average,but all the reserves are really crappy.
    MY QUESTION IS: whenever the situation may require,would it be wiser following the counter formation criteria and renounce to a super skilled player to fit a worse one into a good counter formation,or rather going to play a match with the most skilled players i have, regardless of my opponent formation style?
    AND MORE: how the average Quality affects a match when the 2 matching teams are way different on average team's skills,but they're equal on skills of the players actually playing the match?

Ty in advance for any answer!

Well, from my experience (only 3 seasons):
    At times, I played against very weak (10Q+ lower), but 2 star players managed to score against 5 star defense and goalkeeper (irritating, yes). So anyone who says that formation doesn't mean a thing, haven't paid much attention to the way engine works. Those who believe that formation is everything are wrong as well, there are formations which will give you advantage over another, but there's no magical formula out there. Never put nonsense arrows, even to your front-men, it will screw your game greatly.

That being said, playing with very weak players is no good as well, they won't perform very well, lose the ball and you will get a number of counters at your gates.

If you provide more details, perhaps it would be possible to help you.
    Tex Mex likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

ok here's my situation,i'm 4th in my league,not that far from the 1st,and my next match is against him,in few hours. i can just show you my formation and his. then you probably understand why i got this doubt. you don't wanna let 1 star players even touch the field against a strong player,unless it's really necessary,when you have way stronger players,doesn't matter what formation i'm gonna counter.

this is the overview: Formation or Skills??-untitled.jpg

then His formation: Formation or Skills??-untitled-1.jpg

and finally my formation: Formation or Skills??-untitled-2.jpg

i think i'm gonna counter him with 3 wide defenders as it shows in picture,even if he might be so dangerous with his V style.but i'm still open to any other suggestion.

Rookie
    I,d play my best players and accommodate them into a formation ,this way at least your quality is closer,formations ok ,just need 2 get ur tactics right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk