Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cholo Simeone
  • 1 Post By Jimmy Carter

Thread: Tips against a good 4-1-3n-1-1

Rookie

Tips against a good 4-1-3n-1-1

Hi I've got my 2nd leg in the CL quarter finals tomorrow. He is better than me, but I managed to get a 2-2 draw away to him using the formation below:
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    -----DMC-----
    --MC-MC-MC-
    -----AMC-----
    ------ST------

Now he's using that formation for the second leg at my place. A goalless draw will do me. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Your opponent will problably attack through the middle, so 3 DC and 1 DMC are enough to counter, you wont need dl or dr. Then, two options: 5 midfilders to gain posession and 1 ST, or 4 midfilders and 2 ST. You can start with one formation and move to the other one depending on the score. Don't use a AMC, he willbe marked by his DMC and problably wont have many chances. Play mixed / own with red arrows in ML MR and blue arrows in 2 DC and DMC

Cholo Simeone.
    leefisher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by leefisher View Post
    Hi I've got my 2nd leg in the CL quarter finals tomorrow. He is better than me, but I managed to get a 2-2 draw away to him using the formation below:
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    -----DMC-----
    --MC-MC-MC-
    -----AMC-----
    ------ST------

Now he's using that formation for the second leg at my place. A goalless draw will do me. Any recommendations?

Thanks
    My advice, 3N-1DMC-4-2 will be effective with attacking mentality downboth flanks with long passing/mixed. red arrows for ML/MR and both ST, blue arrows for all defender.
    leefisher likes this.

Rookie
    He changed to play 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond. I stuck to 3n-1-5-1 and won 2-0 so I'm happy