Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CL Final against Stronger 4-4-2 Classic

CL Final against Stronger 4-4-2 Classic

Hi there,

Need some help, im playing tomorrow against a stronger 4-4-2 classic team, his team is rated at 36,9 and mine is 35,1... i usually play on 4-5-1 V or 4-4-2 motivated... but when i play against 4-4-2 my team just doesnt play that well and never found a formation to counter it... any sugestions??? i guess my problem is in orders, usually i play down both flanks, attacking, middle pressure, mixed passing. Also any suggestions to play against 4-1-4-1? its another formation that keeps bringing me problems... anyways, thanks

Apprentice
    413w11 or 413w2 deffensive ,own half,counter attack ,red arrows on ml mr or not depend on the situation ,hard tackles

Quote Originally Posted by essokimo View Post
    413w11 or 413w2 deffensive ,own half,counter attack ,red arrows on ml mr or not depend on the situation ,hard tackles
    That to counter 4-4-2 stronger team or 4-1-4-1?? thanks

any ohter sugestions?!

Apprentice
    Play 4-1-4-1.
    And you ca turn it into 4-5-1, if that does not work.
    Can't tell you if it works against a stronger team, i have faced only weaker teams.

4-1-4-1 worths a try, but as Eugen Christea wrote it is no counter that always tricks 4-4-2, but depends on the orders of your opponent.
    Based on the strength difference I would select normal mentality and focus passing on both flanks with mixed passing and pressing own half.
    You can put red arrows on your ML/MR and optionally blue ones on your central defenders I could win this season 4-1 at a player with +4 quality, but it really depends on his orders and arrows.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Apprentice
    Yes, i forgot about the red arrows on ML MR.
    They are ment so you will defend with 4 on the side, and for you to attack with 3 players.

Blue on the DC's, i'm not sure, i do not use them, at all.

First of all, thanks for your help,

So basically, when im attacking it would be a 4-5-1 V style if i put red arrows on ML/MR right? i guess his 4-4-2 would become an 4-2-2-2 hexagon when attaking, so maybe your advices with DR and DL with red arrows to block his wingers, what u say? what would u guys say about a 5-3-2, DC DC DC - DMR DML with red arrows (have 2 players for each side, one plays DML/ ML/ AML and the other DMR/ MR/ AMR) MC MC MC - ST ST ??? normal mentality, short pass, mixed, pressure own half with counter atacks... i still think ill follow your advices and play with 4-1-4-1, but still want your advice for 5-3-2... ... thanks
    Last edited by fartop; 12-12-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by fartop View Post
    First of all, thanks for your help,

So basically, when im attacking it would be a 4-5-1 V style if i put red arrows on ML/MR right? i guess his 4-4-2 would become an 4-2-2-2 hexagon when attaking, so maybe your advices with DR and DL with red arrows to block his wingers, what u say? what would u guys say about a 5-3-2, DC DC DC - DMR DML with red arrows (have 2 players for each side, one plays DML/ ML/ AML and the other DMR/ MR/ AMR) MC MC MC - ST ST ??? normal mentality, short pass, mixed, pressure own half with counter atacks... i still think ill follow your advices and play with 4-1-4-1, but still want your advice for 5-3-2... ... thanks
    Thats not 5-3-2, it's 3n-2w-3n-2.
    It's weak on the sides.
    The point is to be good defending.
    And if you score, it's good, if you don't, you go to penaltyes.

Yes, when your attacking your formation is 4-5-1 V, but when your defending is 4-1-4-1.
    This meens that you have 4 defending on the side, and 5 defending in the middle(DMC).

And if you go to pen's, you will win, because this game sucks
    I lost last seasons final, to a weaker team )(5-4 penaltyes)

all you need is a amc because 4 4 2 does not have a dmc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast