Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Eugen Cristea
  • 1 Post By dimdim1
  • 1 Post By subrosa

Thread: Are ML/AML and MR/AMR required to be succesfull?

Are ML/AML and MR/AMR required to be succesfull?

Hello, there!

I watch many teams, on my friendslist, my enemies, the opponents of my friends, my own team and even some other and for me it seems like teams, that use these players, are more successful.
    From my own experiences I can tell, that I play the 4-1-2-1-2 ND now since approximately 3-4 seasons, and I didnt win a single title with it, everytime lower rated teams with MR and ML were more successful than me. Before, I played the 4-4-2 classical, so with an ML/MR instead of the AMC/DMC I use now and i had more success, even against sometimes stronger opponents... Two days ago, I lost 7-1 at home against a weaker 4-1-3-2 Team, that had a ML/MR, which is an absolutely ridiculous result, but thats not the question.
    I dont want to hear formation talks, but i would like to hear your opinions and experiences dealing with this problem.

Greets, Ryan

Apprentice
    Yes. !!
    Level 1 - League 3rd place (started late, in the season)
    Level 2 - League 2nd place, CL 2nd place (both due to troll results)
    Level 3 - League 1st place, CL 1st place, Cup (lev 6) 3rd place
    Level 4 - League 1st place, CL 1st place

Bought 28 Tokens, referrals 32 Tokens, won 3 Tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Hello, there!

I watch many teams, on my friendslist, my enemies, the opponents of my friends, my own team and even some other and for me it seems like teams, that use these players, are more successful.
    From my own experiences I can tell, that I play the 4-1-2-1-2 ND now since approximately 3-4 seasons, and I didnt win a single title with it, everytime lower rated teams with MR and ML were more successful than me. Before, I played the 4-4-2 classical, so with an ML/MR instead of the AMC/DMC I use now and i had more success, even against sometimes stronger opponents... Two days ago, I lost 7-1 at home against a weaker 4-1-3-2 Team, that had a ML/MR, which is an absolutely ridiculous result, but thats not the question.
    I dont want to hear formation talks, but i would like to hear your opinions and experiences dealing with this problem.

Greets, Ryan
    What formation were you using when you lost 7-1 ? ND ?
    Boys San :: Season 12 LV 12

League 11 :: CL 8 :: Cup :: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Eugen Cristea View Post
    Yes. !!
    Really? Care to back that up? Are 4-1-2-1-2 ND and 4-3N-3 useless formations then?

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Really? Care to back that up? Are 4-1-2-1-2 ND and 4-3N-3 useless formations then?
    Ok, i'll try to back it up.
    Are ML/AML and MR/AMR required to be succesfull?-1509256_10200242468383667_464706681_n.jpg
    No they are not useless.
    But i don't think you can win a league playing the same formation every game.
    If you are also in CL and Cup, and have similar value opponents in League, i think you need to change it up, sometimes.

For me, those times are, vs 4-1-2-1-2 ND & 4-4-2 flat.
    This 2 formations have made me very sad sometimes

Against ND, i used to start the game 4-1-3W-2, and if it didn't work, during the game, changed it to 4-5-1 V_style.
    Now i will use the 3-N-5-2 V-style, as the 2 formations above do not work anymore for me.
    They did work, last season, in the CL final, none the less...

Against 4-4-2 flat, i use my standard 4-1-4-1 formation. (red's on MR/ML)
    But if the statistics are in the favour of the 4-4-2'er, i change it up to 4-5-1 V-style, ingame.

So for me, having MR-AMR & ML-AML in my team, is 100 % neccessary, and 100 % useful, if i want to succeed.
    Last edited by Eugen Cristea; 12-23-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: spellcheck :)
    Cat Harrison and Der_Ryan_M like this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    As the man said, he didn't win a title in the time he used a single formation.

Not only do i think, that if you have good teams in the league, you cant win using the same formation every game, but:
    -i use some "counters", they are not enough, as the only way to make my team play better in some games, is to change the orders/formation, in the actual game.
    -in some other games, i sed the "counters", so for the next game vs that team, i modified the counters to fit the ratings of my players, from the previous game, and mostly won doing so.
    -i play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 vs illegal formatios, so i have more people in attack.

What i'm trying to say is, you need a weel ballanced team, and the way to do that, is to have players that can play on allmost all the "slots" on the field.
    Last edited by Eugen Cristea; 12-23-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Hello, there!

Greets, Ryan
    well from my experience and since i played 4-5-1V for almost 8 seasons the AMR-Ls that i had where the most valuable players.I guess its the formation that "helped" them ,and the tactics i used(through the flanks).
    I have changed to ND as u,in the past 5 seasons,so i still have AMR-Ls but they are also AMCs.

I think its a "must" for any team to have wings,cause u can have multiply ways of attacking,or defending.My experience says that is better to have an AMR-L being also MR-L that to have AMR-L being also AMC.

i have found players with this particular roles in first seasons ,now i can't..so i have to live with it and adjust some of my games without the opportunity of having wings if i want to change my formation during the game.I use some of my Mcs to MR-L,sometimes they perform well sometimes no.U can use it and see what happens.

But generally i believe that wings are needed for ur squad,even if u play a formation that don't have any.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Level 25.

12 LEAGUES ,4 CL, 1 CUP

There are never many ML/AML or MR/AMR players available in the transfer list, and what is there is generally pretty rubbish. There is however an abundance of MC's always available. This is from 7 seasons experience. Would love to see more quality wide players added to the system... please game designers
    Belgji likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Well, you can always train a role you really want. Even on no money teams, I have done so.

I think wingers are needed, but I did live w/o AML/R for many season, I always have MR MLs.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by roni View Post
    What formation were you using when you lost 7-1 ? ND ?
    I used the 4-1-2-1-2 ND or 4-4-2 ND... I've seen that this was a fault. Now, I today intially bought two players, a AML/AMC and a AMR/AMC, so when I see people using a 4-1-3W-2 against me, what counters my ND, I counter them with a 4-5-1 V-Style and if this doesnt work, because they make substitutions or so, I decide to go with a unique 4-1-2-2-1, where there is no counter to.
    I think now my team is nearly perfect and I can counter everything.