Thread: CL Final against 4-4-1-1

CL Final against 4-4-1-1

Hello eberybody! I'm Beunquir (a random username that actually doesn't mean anything) and my team's the proud Hogsmeade FC. I'm a level 2 manager.

As my league title run became a little harder after a shock defeat to the holders of second place, I decided I'd at least give a shot to winning the CL. My team quality is 18.7, his is 25.3, and he uses 4-4-1-1.

I've already seen many threads saying I should try 4-5-1 v style, but my problem is that I have no full-backs for that. Is 3N-1-4-2 any suitable? And with which orders?

Thank you!

Rookie

Big bety swollocks

3-5-2 Flat
    defensive
    mixed
    whole pitch
    tackling hard
    man-on-man
    no counter or off side
    Last edited by BIG BETY SWOLLOCKS; 01-07-2014 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Added extra .

I use 4-4-1-1 pretty much all the time because to me, the game engine isn't near complex enough to even allow other formations to really counter it. I would go with 4-5-1.

DL DC DC DR
    ------------
    ML MC MC MC MR
    ------------
    ST

with

Normal
    Mixed
    Own half
    Hard tackling
    Zonal
    No counter
    No offside trap.

Or if you want a counter formation then still use 4-5-1 but

Defensive
    Mixed
    Own half
    hard tackling
    zonal
    counter
    no offside trap

I would go with the Normal mentality because counter in my experience has been crap.

the 3-5-2 idea came from Big Betty however I don't think the 3 defenders will be effective enough against a side that strong, I would rather drop a forward in favor of a stronger back.
    Wolf FC

4-5-1 v style bro.

I guess I'll have to play a couple of players out of position then. Thanks everybody, perhaps I'll post how it goes.

I won the Champions League! I used 4-1-4-1 by the way... After my striker equalized at the 78th minute to bring the game 1-1, and some absolutely frantic extra time minutes, I scored 4 penalties against his 2. I must say I was quite lucky because for some reason he'd put his GK on the penalty list and he missed!

Had to play my central defender as a left back but it was well worth it. Thanks everybody again, I'm so happy!!!