Thread: How to beat this weird formation(5-2-2-1)

Question How to beat this weird formation(5-2-2-1)

Hello big top eleven fellows

Tomorrow, at 10:39 AM, i have a match against the 8th place and i need your advice. He aligns with a lineup that i never faced(5-2-2-1) and i expect some problems. My average quality is 45.8 and his is 40.8.

He's lineup:

-----------ST----------
    ----AMC-------AMC----
    -----MC--------MC----
    -----------------------
    DL---DC---DC---DC--DR
    -----------GK----------

Please give me some ideias to beat him and maintain my first place.

Thanks in advance =)

PS: My idea is using 4-3N-2(AML/AMR)-1, win the midfield with one more unit and explore his flanks. Normal mentality, down both flanks, pressing own half, normal, mixed, zonal, no counter and no offside trap.
    Last edited by Luís Couto; 03-27-2014 at 09:05 PM.

this is defensive formation which I used 4-4-2 to counter with ML/MR red arrow, normal mentality with own half press, counter. I won 2-0 on away after lost 1-2 on home. No frills but effective and balance 4-4-2 is good to counter. good luck and post your result

Quote Originally Posted by Luís Couto View Post
    Hello big top eleven fellows

Tomorrow, at 10:39 AM, i have a match against the 8th place and i need your advice. He aligns with a lineup that i never faced(5-2-2-1) and i expect some problems. My average quality is 45.8 and his is 40.8.

He's lineup:

-----------ST----------
    ----AMC-------AMC----
    -----MC--------MC----
    -----------------------
    DL---DC---DC---DC--DR
    -----------GK----------

Please give me some ideias to beat him and maintain my first place.

Thanks in advance =)

PS: My idea is using 4-3N-2(AML/AMR)-1, win the midfield with one more unit and explore his flanks. Normal mentality, down both flanks, pressing own half, normal, mixed, zonal, no counter and no offside trap.

Thank you very much hoddle, you're the man

Unfortunately, the final result was 0-0

I used 4-3N-2(AML/AMR)-1 in the first half and i had a certain domain above my opponente. Then i change to 4-4-2 in the second half, with red arrows on ML and MR, but without practical results. The statistics were even more balanced, my team was superior only in terms of ball possession.

I saw his result historial and he lost 3 times, only against 4-4-2 classic as you mentioned. This season, i'm using most part counter formations and i'd never used 4-4-2 to counter, even used it in previous seasons as my base formation. Probably, that's the main problem, we never understand completely top eleven

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and good tip, wish you best luck and good results