Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex Koopman

Thread: Need help on tactics.

Need help on tactics.

I started playing this game with a friend of mine last season and in the last game i managed to become champion in the last match of the season at his cost (he lost one match to many)
    He didnt really know what he was doing with his team so i gave him a few pointers and he managed to turn his team around.
    Currently im in the first place in my league and he is the only capable team of taking the title away from me, we got a match against eachother this thursday and that will surely decide who becomes the champion, generally i dont have a problem when it comes to tactics, but his formation is pretty ****edup, the last time we played against eachother every single shot i had at goal was blocked and he ended up winning, so any advice you guys could give me to make sure i end up on top this thursday would be greatly appreciated.

his formation is 3-5-2: DL-DC-DR. 2x DMC 3x MC. 2 strikers.

i generally play 3-5-2 Flat, or 3-4-3 with one AMC behind the 2 strikers. for this specific game i will most likely play 3-5-2 flat.

On paper i do have the better team.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Try 4-4-2 or 3-1-4-2 or 4-1-3-2!.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Try 4-4-2 or 3-1-4-2 or 4-1-3-2!.
    The 4-4-2 seems pointless, i tried 3-5-2 flat on our first encounter and attacking over the wings (just with ML/MR not AML/AMR)
    I do have the AML/AMR now though

Im currently considering 3-1-5-1 (3 DC's, 1 DMC, 3MC's, 1 AML, 1 AMR, and a absolute killer in front of goal.
    Attacking over the wing since he doesnt have a single player on the flanks except for 2 defenders.
    Any suggestions regarding my idea/formation?
    How about passing long/short, tackling etc?

Going for the flanks is a must in my opinion!, you should always have some flank players!, 3-2-5-1 looks fine, as for orders try, no arrows on the defence, reds on DMC, ALL MIDFIELD,AND ST, depending on how attack mindined you want to be!, if you want a bit more cover play blues on the defence and DMC., Tactics use attacking or normal, Mixed for passing, own half for closing down, Hard or normal tackling, Mixed passing style, Zonal marking.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Let us know, how it went.
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

League Champion: 11*

Champions League Winner: 5*

Cup Winner: 2*

Treble Winner Level: 1

ROLL TIDE

Charleston, South Carolina Title Town USA

Better safe then sorry, here a little overview of both our teams, my formation will stay like this for the match tomorrow against him.
    My DMC will probably get a blue arrow, and my MC (the one in the middle) a red one, but i havent decided yet.

My Team The Cradle's:

FC Lost Boys, The team to beat:

You look pretty evenly matched so I guess it will be tight.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Here is the team im up against tomorrow in the CL Final, any more advice Skids?
    Will be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Brown View Post
    Let us know, how it went.

0-3, championship is in the bag, tomorrow the CL Final as well?? :P
    Marco Brown likes this.