Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By apash

Thread: Help against 4-1(DMC)-3W(AML-AMC-AMR)-2

Dreamer

Help against 4-1(DMC)-3W(AML-AMC-AMR)-2

My CL semi-final opponent (in about 3 hours) looks like he's trying to score away goals with this approach:

DL--DC--DC--DR
    -----DMC-----

AML--AMC--AMR
    ---ST---ST---

I'm thinking of playing
    --DC--DC--DC--
    DML--DMC--DMR
    ------MC-----
    AML--------AMR
    ------ST------

As a counter. Anyone have any better ideas and order suggestions? Possibly replace my last MC with an ST and go for long balls?

Quality-wise we're pretty even at squad level

Opponent
    Help against 4-1(DMC)-3W(AML-AMC-AMR)-2-oppo.jpg

Me
    Help against 4-1(DMC)-3W(AML-AMC-AMR)-2-me.jpg

First I am very new in the game cant give advice.Your ideas seem logical to me. but I think if you drop your last CM you will go into illegal formation with only one inner midfieler.

PS. Speakimg of tackticks I am not sure your ldm and rdm are good enough conter for what should be attacking lam and ram.

I woud go for 5-4-1 with cdm and cm in your case but with rd and lb instead of the rdm and ldm.

But if you are confident I think better 4-5-1 V formation, you need the flanks to attack and a cdm to hndle his acm. In this case you will have additional cm and should hav more possession with decen counter to his formation. Or perhaps even better with 4-2-1-2-1

-ld-cd-cd-rd-
    --cdm-cdm--
    -----cm-----
    -lam----ram-
    ------st-----
    PSS. I am a rookie so just suggesting be careful
    Last edited by apash; 03-31-2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Pete Cresswell likes this.

I checked your idea wouldnt be illegal if you drop the last cm, my fault sorry.

Dreamer
    Cheers.

I'll be watching the match so can add blue arrows to the wingbacks if it looks like his wings are pressing up too much - having the wing backs ought to give me some extra possession vs having DR/DL. I had considered 4-5-1 v, but I've been struggling a little to score with only 1 striker this season, hence the consideration of dropping an MC

Dreamer
    I quickly dropped my DMC/DMR back in the match, and had a couple of injuries which left me with a formation of
    DL-DC-DC-DC-DR

---MC--MC---
    AML--------AMR
    ------ST------

but I won 5-1!

Well done