Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RJSlow

Thread: Out of position players - Any effect on the game?

Dreamer

Out of position players - Any effect on the game?

Hi guys, been doing some searching, but have yet to find a definite answer.

I commonly put players of out of position, but usually not more than what's reasonable. Stuff like MC in AMC or DMC, ML in AML, MR in AMR... I've experimented quite a bit with this, even putting 3 players out of position. I've even had great results doing so!

The reason why I'm wondering is that the wiki seems to have some pretty harsh rules about formations, but at the same time is extremely vague on the topic of out of position players. In my league I've even seen people win games with a striker in goal and two keepers in upfield positions!

It's rather seeming like there is no black-and-white effect. I've read that people seem to say that it hurts morale, but I also doubt this. I spend more morale boosters on a DC I play every game in the DC role over any other player. I also regularly get clean sheets and dropping points is extremely rare (I have a single loss this season with five rounds remaining).

It has a small negative affect on possession, but its minimal and can be beneficial if you have a good formation to counter your opponent. In my opinion it doesn't affect morale directly. The player out of position has a higher chance of getting a lower rating, which in turn would lower his morale more then normal. If it has worked for you then I would say keep doing it. Just be on the lookout if it starts to cause problems.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yep. what he said.
    Some players don't like OOP, some do quite well at it.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Thanks guys.

Like you said, it seems to be all matter of opinion, but it still kinda bothers me. Simply I would rather if there was a harsh punishment for OOP players.

As for the note of "Some players don't like...", the only player I've broken my own of "reasonable" OOP is a ML who is really well rounded. I played him in DMC (but he is also training for DML) and he did well enough, I played him twice more there.

More than anything, I like the 4-2-3-1 formation in this game, but only own a single DMC.