Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meraklija

Thread: Need help beating a stronger team in the Champions League final!

Need help beating a stronger team in the Champions League final!

Hello managers! I need your help for my CL final. I am level 21 as well as my opponent, and my average team quality is 119,2 (Four stars) and my opponent's is 123,5 (Five stars). He is using a 4-4-2 formation, except that instead of ML, MC, MC and MR, he's using ML, MC, MC and AMR. Considering that he's been using the same formation throughout the whole CL campaign, I'm pretty sure he is going to use it for the final.

What do you think I should do to counter this odd formation? Should I play defensively and rely on counter attacks, or play normal? I would like to try to put 4-5v-1 into use, but my one and only DMC can't play the final since he has 2 yellow card.

Note: The opponent has a strong starting 11 with 10 having six stars, while only his ML having five. The rest of his players are all five stars, and ALL OF HIS PLAYERS have special ability.

Note2: A team with a starting 11 just as strong as mine pulled a draw against him at home with 4-3w-1-2 formation.

Please help!
    Team: Presheva FC

A DMC isn't necessary against 4-4-2, even with his modification. I would say 4-3w-1-2 could work against him, take a look at that match break down and see how the players ratings were to see if you can get a feel if that formation will work for you

Rookie
    I always beat 4-4-2 .. with 3-1-4-2 if is your opponent better than you, if ur better than him 3-4-1-2.......... works for me. play 2 or 3 games friendly against 4-4-2 before finale game and you will see whats best work for you.
    Skidz likes this.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by meraklija View Post
    I always beat 4-4-2 .. with 3-1-4-2 if is your opponent better than you, if ur better than him 3-4-1-2.......... works for me. play 2 or 3 games friendly against 4-4-2 before finale game and you will see whats best work for you.
    I agree 3w-1-4-2 to start if you want to be aggressive from the off!, if you want to be a bit more cautious then 4-1-3w-2!, you need red arrows on all midfield( DMC included) and strikers!, play attacking, mixed or down flanks focus passing! (switch round if its not working)
    Hard attacking, close down own half, mixed passing, zonal marking, dont force counter attacks!. If you nick a goal playing 3-1-4-2 and want to closer up shop then take off a MC and put on a DC to go to 4-1-3w-2 or take off a striker and put on a DC and go to 4-1-4-1!.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Considering I couldn't use my DMC, and that because his attacking was very strong his mentality was offensive, I used a similar formation as his, except it was 4-5-1 (Not flat, with AMR). Red arrow on AMR and on DR, and playing defensively, but relying on counter attacks. Score was 1-1 and I ended up winning in penalties, despite the fact that his GK had penalty stopper ability.
    Team: Presheva FC

I'd fight fire with fire and play same formation with defensive mentality.
    Orlando City SC - Level 1 - Server 200 Add Me

Season One
    League: 23-2-1 League Champion
    Cup: 11-1-1 Cup Champion