Thread: 4-3-2-1

Addicted

4-3-2-1

My opponent today in the cup seems to be using 4-3W-2N-1 - I don't know for sure as he only has 10 players on the pitch at the moment, but that looks like the most likely formation. Is 4-1-4-1 with red arrows on MR and ML, maybe strikers as well a reasonable one to counter it with? Orders I was guessing down both flanks, attacking, hard tackling, mixed passing, zonal marking, whole pitch pressing, no counter and no offside. Similar average quality although my team is more balanced - 1 5 star the rest 4 and his 1 6, most 4 but some 2 and even 1.

His formation:

DR-DC-DC-DL
    -------------
    MR--MC--ML
    -AMC-AMC-
    ----ST----

Thanks
    Last edited by John Naish; 05-04-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    My opponent today in the cup seems to be using 4-3W-2N-1 - I don't know for sure as he only has 10 players on the pitch at the moment, but that looks like the most likely formation. Is 4-1-4-1 with red arrows on MR and ML, maybe strikers as well a reasonable one to counter it with? Orders I was guessing down both flanks, attacking, hard tackling, mixed passing, zonal marking, whole pitch pressing, no counter and no offside. Similar average quality although my team is more balanced - 1 5 star the rest 4 and his 1 6, most 4 but some 2 and even 1.

His formation:

DR-DC-DC-DL
    -------------
    MR--MC--ML
    -AMC-AMC-
    ----ST----

Thanks
    You pretty much got it right bud!, I would be playing 4-1-3w-2 to add exta threat upfont as he is only playing one striker!, I dont like playing whole pitch pressing as your players will get tired quicker and you are more prone to counter attacks, I would also play offsides.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    You pretty much got it right bud!, I would be playing 4-1-3w-2 to add exta threat upfont as he is only playing one striker!, I dont like playing whole pitch pressing as your players will get tired quicker and you are more prone to counter attacks, I would also play offsides.
    Thanks Skidz, that sounds like a plan - and I have better strikers than midfielders, so I think I'll try that.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Addicted
    Did everything you suggested apart from offside, and won 6-0 today - since that was my away leg, I'd be surprised if I don't go through.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!