Thread: Counter formation

Counter formation

Guys pls help!Is it better to play my own formation all the time with player on their positions?
    Or to play counter formations with players out of their positions?

Addicted
    I always try and play players in positions they know, but that doesn't mean I don't counter. For example where 4-5-1 V-style is a good counter, I tend to play 4-1-4-1 with red arrows on my MR and ML and maybe striker to get as close to that as I can whilst playing my players in position. Just my view, other people will probably have slightly different ones.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

I play 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond,had players for that formation...no arrows...how will u set up this formation?

Addicted
    Better for someone else to answer that question, as I've never played narrow diamond.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Play your own formation and stick to it!, as you go through the season and play different formations you will learn to adjust your formation during live matches to suit your needs! I always play 3w-1-4-2 every game and have done for the past 8 seasons!, every formation is capable of beating every other formation.it all comed down to so other veriables in the game e.g. quality, morale and condition, warching the game, players playing in the best area of a formation!,, not all the time your formation may start well like mine today!, this is when your managing skills are put to the test. Hers is an example of how I do it, I start with 3w-1-4-2 and play against 4-5-1 flat!, things are going bad they score and are dominating possession and tackles! what do I do, well I would start by taking off my DMC and putting a 3rd striker on so Im now playing 3-4-3, if this works and gets me a goal or my opponent is still getting the best of it I alter my orders to HARD ATTACKING,CLOSE DOWN WHOLE PITCH, and take of a MC and put on a DC to tighten up the back (4-3-3) Im always keep the attack threat there!. I have all my midfield and strikers with red arrows on always!, if I manage to turn it around but its still tight I would take off a ST that started the game and put on another MC so I an now playing a standard 4-4-2!.
    The trouble with changing your formation to try another on is if it does not work then you are going to try another one and then another one and before long you do not know what your best team is!, plus it is very hard to have cover for every position and every formation!, here is a guide only of what formations to play against other formations,( I only use it accassionaly durig a live match when I switch).
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ation-use.html
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.