Thread: What is the best attacking formation ?

What is the best attacking formation ?

Hi guys,
    I know that there is no best formation and every formation has it counter formation. But Before playing a match we look at a glance each other formation. So we changed our formation respect of opponent formation. Now my question is : A match between two near about same quality teams and they did not see each other formation or both changed his formation just before match and then what will be the preferred best formation for win ?

Are you looking for a preferred formation or the best attacking one? because those are 2 different things. I would say the preferred formation is the one you use most often because of your familiarity. If you want an attacking formation i would say the variations of 4-3-3 or 3-4-3

What about 4-4-2 ? When i'll go with 4-4-2 ?

Famous
    4-4-2 classic is safe formation in 90% of the cases but not best attacking formation.That's my favourite too...With 4-4-2 u can easily switch them to: 4-4-1-1/4-1-4-1/4-5-1/3-5-2 flat/5-4-1 or hexagon 4-2-2-2...that is formation later on u can change to many different formations coz the most important for your team is good at midfield....the centre...then depend on the formation of your opponent u can change it accordingly...
    If I go for attacking, I always go either 4-5-1 V or 3N-5-2 V coz instead of 4-3-3..the 2 AML/AMR can play both role by moving the arrow...if u use red arrows, they will become 2nd and 3rd strikers..if ur midfiled is weaker then your opponent then use blue arrow on them.. they will become your left and right midfield...

Anyway, 4-3N-3 is good when facing 4-1dmc-2mcs-3 or 4-3N-1-2 or 4-3W-3...
    Last edited by Brian Dang; 05-17-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerLover View Post
    Hi guys,
    I know that there is no best formation and every formation has it counter formation. But Before playing a match we look at a glance each other formation. So we changed our formation respect of opponent formation. Now my question is : A match between two near about same quality teams and they did not see each other formation or both changed his formation just before match and then what will be the preferred best formation for win ?
    Not everyone changes formations regular to counter there opponent me included, I always start with the same formation except when I see a high quality team with many players in the attacking half!, in this case I play 4 defenders in stead of 3. I use 3w-1-4-2 and accasionaly 4-1-3w-2, now if during a match my opponent is over running me or is wiining I will alter my formation then and only then!, usually to 3w-4-3 or 4-3-3!, switch my orders to hard attacking and force counter attacks!, this has worked very well for me over the last 3-4 seasons!, it also means my opponent can not change his formation untill during the game either so unless he is watching the game I gain an advantage.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.