Thread: How to beat this tactic?

How to beat this tactic?

Tomorrow my team will face a opponent in the cup. He is level 5, my team level 4. Not much quality difference (37 for him-36,4 for me). He plays: DL-DC-DC-DR__DMC-AML-AMC-AMR__ST-ST. Seems to be very offensive. He leads the league, 9 wins, 58 goals and 1 goal against.

I would go 4-5-1 v style, whole pitch pressing

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Youve got your work cut out my friend, you will have to fight fire with fire but still be cautious!, with his 5 very forward attacking threat there is no point going gung ho I would definatley play a back 4 then the rest is personal choice! I would however if it was me opt for 4-3-3 or 4-1-3w-2 or 4-4-2, playing offsides is a must against him as his high offensive line can be picked off.
    You must decide now whether to hold back and try and survive an onslaught and try to hit him on the break or have an equal go at him?, if you choose the latter then try...attacking, mixed focus passing,close down own half, hard tackling, mixed passing style, zonal marking, now playing force counter attacks is tricky here!, if you risk playing it from the start you may get caught yourself so its upto you!, I would suggest leave it unchecked till HT then put it on then if you need to.
    Red arrows on ML,MC,MR,ST,ST if 4-3W-3, Red arrows on DMC, ML,MC,MR,ST,ST if 4-1-3w-2, Red arrows on ML,MC,MR,ST,ST,ST if 4-3-3.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Not so bad at all.....he changed tactics. DL-DC-DC-DR/DMC-ML-MC-MR/ST-ST. My answer was: DL-DC-DC-DR/DMC-DC-DC-AML-AMR/ST. Very tight game, final score 2-2. First half he score 1-0, not much later i score 1-1, in the end of the first half one of his players got injured. I hoped for some powerplay to the break, but in the same minute he score 2-1. Second half i change tactics (4-4-2 narrow diamond). Pull a 2-2 from the fire. Still everything to play for in my own stadium :-)