Thread: if opponent is defensive.

if opponent is defensive.

Cup home game and the score was 1 - 1. I am playing 4-4-2. While he was playing 4defenders, 2dmc, ml mc mr, a striker.

I going away game and is meeting him tomorrow. Should I go 3-4-3? I believe he will play defensive as he got a away goal advantage.

Thanks.

Rookie
    i would play a 3-5-2 flat , attacking , mixed focus , whole pitch and short passing , red arrows on your ML/MR only if they can play AML/AMR too. blue arrow on the middle DC.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrakt View Post
    Cup home game and the score was 1 - 1. I am playing 4-4-2. While he was playing 4defenders, 2dmc, ml mc mr, a striker.

I going away game and is meeting him tomorrow. Should I go 3-4-3? I believe he will play defensive as he got a away goal advantage.

Thanks.
    Hi dude, I always like to attack defensive formations!, my take is if a manager is thinking defencively(which personaly I dont like) then he is basicaly telling his opponent come and have a go! and I have no problem with that at all!!!, Im with you play 3-4-3 or 4-3w-3, set orders to hard attacking,mixed focus passing,hard tackling, close down own half, mixed passing style, zona marking,force counter attacks so you are bombarding him with attacks!, if the quality is quite close between the two teams then if you get the goal you need put on an extra defender if playing 3 or revert to a flat 4-4-2 formation uncheck force counter attacks and try and hold on to your lead.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Anybody tell me where to pass, pressure etc and put my players against someone that is playing
    -------GK-------
    DL-DC-DC-DC-DR
    ----------------
    ------MC-------
    AML---------AMR
    ----ST--ST------

In need of help, my match is at 21:05 GMT, He leads me 2-0 on agg!!
    Please can you show me the formation in the way I have done here, and tell me where arrows go, focus passing, tackling, etc, etc..
    Much appreciated