Thread: Tactic against flat 4-4-2

Wink Tactic against flat 4-4-2

Hello guys,

Tomorrow, i'll play against a strong 4-4-2 flat (scout players).
    Normally, I use 4-3W-1-2 with my 5th stars players, defensive mixed passing, mixed, hard tackle, no offside, no counter.

I was wondering if this will work tomorrow...

thanks

Apprentice
    Or you could try the 4-5-1 V-Style, Normal + both flanks + mixed pass + counter on, also MR / L + DMC motivated. It seems to work pretty much always ...

thx man but my DMC has so bad ratings since a few matches... is it okay to put an additional MC with blue arrow instead ?

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Hi bud, I have found 4-4-2 can be quite strong lately especialy against my 3w-1-4-2 formation so this season I experimented and found that starting with 4-1-3w-2 and changing to 4-3-3 at HT worked! I won 4/4!. IF you choose to follow me then this is the orders I used, attacking, mixed focus passing, hard tackling, close down own half, mixed passing style, zonal marking, force counter attacks and play offsides, red arrows on dmc, ml,mc,mc,mr,st,st and st when playing 3 upfront.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Apprentice
    Never used 4-5-1 (3 MC's and 2 AML/R) with blue arrow on mc, maybe Skidz's way will guide you to a partial use of your unreliable DMC...

Apprentice
    Blue or red arrows on MC is just "case by case" situation, as it breaks the formation somehow!

THank you guys !
    I think i'll try 4-5-1V first and then if it doesn't work, i'll turn into offensive 4-3-3

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Hi bud, I have found 4-4-2 can be quite strong lately especialy against my 3w-1-4-2 formation so this season I experimented and found that starting with 4-1-3w-2 and changing to 4-3-3 at HT worked! I won 4/4!. IF you choose to follow me then this is the orders I used, attacking, mixed focus passing, hard tackling, close down own half, mixed passing style, zonal marking, force counter attacks and play offsides, red arrows on dmc, ml,mc,mc,mr,st,st and st when playing 3 upfront.
    Play both counter attacks and offside trap? I have pretty weak defenders. Can I put blue arrow on my dmc? or just leave him without any arrow?

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.
    I followed all your orders and formation. Changed to 4-3-3 second half, my quality was slightly higher than my opponent's. But still he outposession me, and scored 2 goals. I only managed to score one goal. Which came from a free kick

Usually, i play a 3-1-4-1-1 against this formation ! With red on the DMC. In normal or defensive / Mixed pass or Middle focus / Forced counter .