Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to beat 4-3-3 narrow and 4-3-3 wide

Question How to beat 4-3-3 narrow and 4-3-3 wide

This is totally insane, the engine is either bugged or my luck was just so sad.
    I had a game vs 4-3-3 wide, my team around 5 points better as overall and on top of blocking my every shot / dribling / pass / corner / cross / header , he scores by mistake and wins 0-1 ....

This is just rubbish.

Can someone please tell me what did I do wrong?

I used 4-4-2 narrow diamond (1st half) and 4-4-2 wide diamond (2nd half), with offensive mentality, center game style(1st half) and mixed game style(2nd half) , own half pressing, zonal marking , short-mixed passing style, normal overtake and with/without counter-attack.

Also used 4-3-1-2 narrow and 4-3-1-2 wide, a formation that is supposed to break any defense, was attacking the whole time and each time he was managing to block.
    Last edited by carimabdul; 11-22-2012 at 01:01 PM.

In my opinion if the two teams are equal in their quality,the way to beat a 4-3-3 narrow is to play with attacking wingers.

4-3-3 is a counter attack side, you played into the trap, which is probably why his defenders dominated your attacks, rethink your orders.

From the old forum:

4-3-3 is an exeptional counter attacking formation. It's based on the Brazilian formation 4-2-4 while giving more defensive solution with the extra midfield player insted of an fourth attacker. Wide strikers force opponents defenders to split, makings line gaps. Wide defenders can also join the attack (like Arsenal and Ajax do), making the opponents midfield to split in two, giving your MCs space to run with ball and shoot or pass the ball behind opponent's defence. A mix passing style and focus passing should work fine.

May not be pretty but! 4-4-2 works well.
    Last edited by Accyrover; 11-22-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Was just thinking - If they play 4-3-3 and you had a better overall stat, would it make sense to play 4-3-3 as well?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Game engine can reward the away team when this is done, seen it happen. CL last season semi, not mine though.

also try 3-5-2

DC DC DC
    ML MC MC MR
    AML
    ST ST

With pressuing hole pitch,no counter attack,mix passing game,normal or attacking normality,

how to beat 4-4-2 i use 4-3-3 wide

I lost to 4-3-3 in the first leg 3-1 using 4-1-4-1 I won the second leg 2-0 using 3-5-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    Game engine can reward the away team when this is done, seen it happen. CL last season semi, not mine though.
    interesting .. so if i play away and copy the opposite team .. i will win .. not sure of that theory
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I lost to 4-3-3 in the first leg 3-1 using 4-1-4-1 I won the second leg 2-0 using 3-5-2.
    was quality the same?
    is too risky to put 3 X 3 at back
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast