Thread: Understanding Pressing

Understanding Pressing

Sooooo ... guys , i watch and play a lot of football not just in real life but also virtual games , and for my understanding ... own half presing goes well wth counter attacking , and full pitch pressing without counter attacking ... the thing is .. in top 11 , when i play counter attacking with own half pressing i concede like 3 goals in just 20 min , and yeah it made me lose in the cup 4-0 , but if i play full pitch pressing and counter attack on aswell , i usually win confortably , plus when i play own half pressing , it usually works better WITHOUT counter attack than WITH counter attack ... so WTF with top11 ? am i playing it wrong ? i can post some results and i remember what orders i used to prove everything i just said ...
    please answer me guys it annoys me a little ..

what is your team mentality?

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

It's working just fine for me... I either go defensive mentality with own half pressure and counter attacks on, and win way more games than not.
    Or I go attacking mentality, whole pitch pressure without counter attacks, and win most games, depending on formation matchups and Q's...

well , for me it works exactly the opposite , i dont understand this game , and it annoys me so much , today i lost at home against the 1st classified on my league , he went wth 4-1-2-1-2 narrow , i went wth 4-5-1 in V , i had loads of chances , all gone wide , he got 1 during the whole game and scored , i seriously dont understand the stupid engine keeps ****ing me in the ass , i had 17 shots , 7 on target , he had 10 shots , 5 on target , i lost 1-0 and dominated the whole game , i guess the game doesnt want me to win ... the other day i was gona play against a player wth better quality , i went defensive , own half , forcing counter attacks , i conceded 2 goals in the first 30 mins , had enough , changed just to full pitch pressing , absolutely dominated loads of chances nothing going in , in the end he had a free-kick , bam 3-0 , so whats the logic ? **** u top11 !