Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: counter a 3-5-2 flat with a very strong midfielder

counter a 3-5-2 flat with a very strong midfielder

Hi Everybody,

tomorrow I will play my cup quarterfinal (2nd level for me - 4th lever for him)

He play a 3-5-2 FLAT. I already decide to play butterfly formation to counter him.

I only have one doubt: we have similar players (28-31 average), mine are a little bit better but he has a monster CC (monster for my standards of course) 41 average.

How this can change the situation? what do you suggest me to do?

I would play normal-hard tackling-whole pitch-both flanks-mixed passing-no counter-zonal.

Do I have to change something because of his 41 average CC?

Maybe counter with long passing?

Thanks

you are right with long passing. against 3-5-2 it is the best way to kick the ball over the mid-line. Dont be scary for only one better player. attack the flanks. so butterfly can be a good choice. good luck for you
    Pavol Cik likes this.
    fc tiki taka

Level 13/Season 13

League : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Cl : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

Cup : 4, 9, 10, 11, 12

Treble : 9, 10, 12

My Team:

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo82 View Post
    you are right with long passing. against 3-5-2 it is the best way to kick the ball over the mid-line. Dont be scary for only one better player. attack the flanks. so butterfly can be a good choice. good luck for you
    Hi Ricardo ..I hear u mention about long passing...what is the situation that we usually should use long passing ? Vs strong midfield ?

when there is a flat midfield, without AMs or DMs, you have space in front and behind them, so what you do is use long passing to just pass over them to your attackers
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Dreamer
    4-3-2(aml/amr)-1

"Rare But Strong Together"

7x 3x 2x

Quote Originally Posted by pavel84 View Post
    Hi Everybody,

tomorrow I will play my cup quarterfinal (2nd level for me - 4th lever for him)

He play a 3-5-2 FLAT. I already decide to play butterfly formation to counter him.

I only have one doubt: we have similar players (28-31 average), mine are a little bit better but he has a monster CC (monster for my standards of course) 41 average.

How this can change the situation? what do you suggest me to do?

I would play normal-hard tackling-whole pitch-both flanks-mixed passing-no counter-zonal.

Do I have to change something because of his 41 average CC?

Maybe counter with long passing?

Thanks
    Stay away from Cuckoo advice, that comes with no reasoning, explanation or justification , just some weird formation that you just follow like religion or something. PEACE!
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    when there is a flat midfield, without AMs or DMs, you have space in front and behind them, so what you do is use long passing to just pass over them to your attackers
    Hey RJ, Im planning to use 3-5-2 against a 4-5-1 flat during my CL quart finals. What do you think?
    Ive read thread that 4-5-1v to counter but most of them fails.
    What about arrows and settings?

butterfly,easy

Rookie
    4-3-2-1 I think it's nice or 3n-1-4-1-1 second choice.he haven't dl Dr and say "come it's free"the job for goods aml,amr

Rookie
    Don't play whole pitch this!!!General if you are much better from him you play whole pitch with attacking mentality and sometimes you need to play offside trap(for zone).if you play man to man with attacking mentality and whole pitch the counter attack and offside trap is off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast