Thread: 4-2-2-2 (hexagon) - Cup Semi advice please

4-2-2-2 (hexagon) - Cup Semi advice please

So.. i have reached the cup semi-final and if i can get past this round the final shouldn't be too bad. my over all quality is 37.8 while his is 43.2.. the quality of our starting 11 however, mine is slightly better. I am at 42.8 where his is at 41.2. Now he is using a 4-2-2-2 hexagon while i normally use a 3-5-2V with an offside trap.. his two strongest players are his attacking mids and i don't think i would stand a chance. At first i was thinking of using a 4-5-1V but then i was thinking about using 3-2-2-2-1 butterfly BUT i would prefer something with two strikers seeing my star player totti (averages 1.5 goals or more a game in each cup, champions, and league) does better when working with another. Does anyone have any thoughts on using the butterfly or have any experience using it against the hexagon? also, his strikers are 7-8 slower than my DCs but his AMR is only 2-3 slower. so no offside trap?

i have never won cup past season 1 (twice) and i have never placed lower than 1st in champions and league and i REALLY want/need to win this round. thank you in advance!

i have been thinking some more and wondering if i should use butterfly with man on man marking with hard tackling. i have never used man on man marking before so it is a little scary trying it out now. has anyone used man on man marking against a slightly stronger opponent?

Rookie
    this will help to answer man to man
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...n-marking.html
    About butterfly never used it but always counter it with 4-4-2 and never lost to it about your opponent i used 4-4-1-1 but he was lower quality so i beat him many in forums suggested to control midfield by using 3 4 3 or 3 4 1 2 or 3 5 2 flat using orders Normal mentality, attack from the middle, mix passing, own half, zonal marking, no counter attack/offside trap but if you go def then activate counter attacks
    Dream of Triple Crown
    All Legend players

well.. i used man on man marking(for he first time ever), butterfly formation, and attacked from right wing(in an attempt to keep the ball away from his star player) and surprisingly i had a quick 2-0 lead 24' into the match. at 65' in it was tied 3-3 and i was about to change tactics to which the only thing i changed was attack down both wings and in the 72', my striker scored his 4th goal winning me the match. i think part of the reason he was able to score was i switched to normal tackling before the match when i normally use hard. so for the away leg i will use the same tactics and set it to hard tackling. i seriously couldn't believe this tactic i conjured up freaking worked.