Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 4-4-2 Orders

What are your orders and your formation, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    What are your orders and your formation, if I may ask?
    I use standard 4-4-2 mostly as it gives me good results. Just like mentioned above, in that case I go for default settings except I choose offensive mentality. Changes on orders are only made to exploit obvious oppenents weaknesses as described earlier. Or to cover my own. I only go for other formations on rare occassions. When doing so it highly depends on the opponents formation. No general answer for that. Even if I do I often try 4-4-2 in the first half. When the sh*t hits the fan I change at halftime. Before the match I got a ready plan for that. To give an example I had problems with some teams using an amc to exploit my weakest defensive spot. I changed to 4-1-4-1 or V-Style then, depending on his formation. If your team is stronger, mirror formation is always a choice too. When the opponent changes as well, just be quick. Only change formations if really neccessary during a match, as changing too often in the match gave me bad results.
    I can´t advise 4-4-2 as a jack of all trades. But in my special case, being 10 levels stronger than most league opponents, it worked well as it is very balanced. It has almost no real weaknesses. It also gave me wins against similar or even stronger cup opponents that were 2 seasons higher. So it might work in general too.

Rookie
    He asked you a direct question on your orders and formation, why do you start lecturing? just give a straight answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Janosch View Post
    I use standard 4-4-2 mostly as it gives me good results. Just like mentioned above, in that case I go for default settings except I choose offensive mentality. Changes on orders are only made to exploit obvious oppenents weaknesses as described earlier. Or to cover my own. I only go for other formations on rare occassions. When doing so it highly depends on the opponents formation. No general answer for that. Even if I do I often try 4-4-2 in the first half. When the sh*t hits the fan I change at halftime. Before the match I got a ready plan for that. To give an example I had problems with some teams using an amc to exploit my weakest defensive spot. I changed to 4-1-4-1 or V-Style then, depending on his formation. If your team is stronger, mirror formation is always a choice too. When the opponent changes as well, just be quick. Only change formations if really neccessary during a match, as changing too often in the match gave me bad results.
    I can´t advise 4-4-2 as a jack of all trades. But in my special case, being 10 levels stronger than most league opponents, it worked well as it is very balanced. It has almost no real weaknesses. It also gave me wins against similar or even stronger cup opponents that were 2 seasons higher. So it might work in general too.

Because there is no straight answer. Read the text.

Rookie
    are you retarded? he asked you what are you using? for example: when i play 4-4-2, i use - attacking, down both flanks, own half, no counter/no offside trap. red arrows on ML/MR, blue on DCs.
    is that really hard to type?

Nice question, long answer - unfriendly question, no answer.

Rookie
    you are f%$#ng fa%$ot, thanks for your help

Relax! I appreciate the help, thnx! Though I don't know what you mean with the default settings =]

Sorry for that. Default I consider normal mentality, mixed passing, pressing own half, normal tackling, mixed passing range, zonal marking, no counter, no offside trap. I can´t prove if it´s good or why. Maybe half of my matches I change something. Only thing I know is, if I change somthing I need an obvious reason to do so. I know that´s not really satisfying. I´m not satisfied too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12