Thread: Weird formation 4-1-2-2-1 'Diagonal'?

Rookie

Weird formation 4-1-2-2-1 'Diagonal'?

Hope someone can help me, I'm facing in the Champions a team with the following formation:

ST
    AMC. AMR
    ML. MC
    DMC
    DL. DC. DC. DR
    GK

Please see image with the formation.

My usual formation is 4-5-1 V style with red arrows on my DR, DL and my wings. Got a strong defense all with red star, and my right wing AMR has also red star., the rest have only 5 stars, so my team has a pretty good level.

We both have a level of 92 on the team, so it's an even match.

On the first match we tied 2-2, I was loosing and with some changes at the end of the game (more offensive) My team was able to tie the game. We both are qualified for the next round and this is the last game of the group stage, but he's 2 points ahead of me, so if I want to have home field advantage for the next round I must win today.

Any suggestions on formation or tactic?, got my game in 5 hours, I'm at level 15 now.,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird formation 4-1-2-2-1 'Diagonal'?-image.jpg  

Rookie
    i would say 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1ST should do it. take his middle, that lonely MC is asking for troubles.

Consider using 4-3-2W-1 or 4-1-2-3

Rookie
    Thanks, I may use 4-1-4-1, as he has a AMC, thus I need a DMC to block it..., I will post the result.. You're right Dennis, his MC is alone and I need to take advantage of this with 4 mid fielders.
    Last edited by Betova14; 10-04-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Rookie
    Thanks Mohamed, I can't use 4-1-2-3 as I don't have 3 ST's, butI may change depending on half time from 4-1-4-1 to 4-1-2-1-2...

Rookie

I won 4-1, thanks, here the image

Quote Originally Posted by Betova14 View Post
    Thanks, I may use 4-1-4-1, as he has a AMC, thus I need a DMC to block it..., I will post the result.. You're right Dennis, his MC is alone and I need to take advantage of this with 4 mid fielders.
    Thanks for the tip, I used 4-1-4-1, no need to do substitutions, so here is the image of the result, thanks for your comments..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird formation 4-1-2-2-1 'Diagonal'?-image.jpg