Thread: It Looked Like An Illegal Formation To Me...

Question It Looked Like An Illegal Formation To Me...

Champions League group play. I figured this game would be 80-20 in my favor and a walkover. Weirdly, not so much.

It Looked Like An Illegal Formation To Me...-top-eleven-illegal-formation-67-33.jpg

His formation (left) has no wingers. My formation (right) looks like it ticks all the legality boxes. And yet possession was 67-33. What have I missed?

VIP
    u missed Nordeus bug...

Dreamer
    there is no illegal formations anymore !! there is possession penalty only so every missing player or wrong placed will give possession penalty.
    That's my point of view...
    Server 52

That hadn't occurred to me, Sherifon, so I went back and checked. But all of his players qualified at the positions they were playing.

I had +3% possession for watching the game (+8% for showing up, -5% away game), so that would be 53-47. My team rating is about 7 points better than his. If the rule of thumb is 1 point = 2% possession bonus, that's another 14%, which would be... 67-33. Hmm.

Maybe Steppenwolf is right, and it's a bug. Maybe Sherifon is right, and there's no such thing as an illegal formation now, only people playing out of position. I guess I'll just keep firing shots into the black box and see where they come out. Thanks!

I hope its just a bug, because certain formations need to be illegal. They can adjust it more so less formations are illegal, but if someone is playing a formation with no defense, they need to be penalized

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought