Thread: CL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.-

CL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.-

Hello,

I am in the CL 1/4 final vs. a guy what seems unbeatable. On average I have the slightly better team but even with 2 friends watching I lost a home game 2:4 (+15% ball possession). He usually plays 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1. This game I waited until the last second to change my formation and adapt to the 4-1-4-1 he chose. According to the counter game I went for 4-2-2-2 Hexagon but after failling behind, I switched to 3N-4-3 at around 40 min. The latter I screwed up cuz the actuall counter according to the table was 3W-4-3. Anyway, the only goals I made were distance shots by my AMR. Any ideas how to approach the second game when he goes 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 again? During group phase he even went for a super strange 3W-2(DMCs)4-1 (see pic).

I thought my offense would be better but it didn't seem so. Or is it just that my goalie sux?

CL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.--unbenannt-1.jpgCL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.--unbenannt-2.jpgCL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.--unbenannt-3.jpgCL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.--unbenannt-4.jpgCL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.--unbenannt-5.jpgCL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.--unbenannt-6.jpgCL 1/4 final - Cannot beat this guy -.--unbenannt-7.jpg

Do you have win bonus on? the scoring efficiency of his team leads me to believe he has his win bonus on max

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Famous
    Against 4-1-4-1 and 3W-2N-4-1, I advice playing a 3W-4-3, attacking, down the flanks, whole pitch pressing, short passing, with offside trap applied. red arrows on the flanks, blue arrows on both MC's. If your back three isn't holding up against his scout (ML) and 5 star ST, switching into a 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2- hexagon might be a good idea as well.

Against the 4-4-2, I don't really know. Its not difficult to counter if I can figure out the opponents arrows; however, that sometimes is very difficult. If I can't guess his arrows, i'll usually mirror the 4-4-2. Sometimes I'll opt for a 4-5-1 V instead. If I know his arrows, 4-3W-3 (if opponent is playing through the flanks), 4-1-2-1-2 ND or something similar (if opponent is playing through the middle).

Also, I recommend maxing your win bonus, make sure your starting 11 is fully rested and all players have superb morale as well.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 10-09-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    Do you have win bonus on? the scoring efficiency of his team leads me to believe he has his win bonus on max
    Winbonus? What is that? It's the first time I hear about that. If you refer to moral and cond, it was nearly full for almost all players in the starting 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Wohltat View Post
    Winbonus? What is that? It's the first time I hear about that. If you refer to moral and cond, it was nearly full for almost all players in the starting 11.
    Under the finances tab with the ticket prices you can set win bonus

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    Under the finances tab with the ticket prices you can set win bonus
    Mine is at max too.

Btw. won the second game 3:2 while I forgot to change tactics. LOL. 4-3N-2W-1 with defensive mentality,mixed passing, down the flank, normal tackling, own half pressing and zonal marking worked. -.-