Thread: Counter formation for 3-1-3-1-2

Counter formation for 3-1-3-1-2

So the first day of the new season starts with my first cup match. My opponent uses 3-1-3-1-2 and he is a bit better than me (I am lvl 5 and he is lvl 7). So I am using 4-4-2ND as my default formation, that can be easily change to 4-5-1V, I have decent players for both formations. So his formation clearly dominates the center and I would think that he will attack through the middle. The way I see it he is vulnerable from flank attacks, this would make 4-5-1V a better counter formation for this right? Also, his team has not enough subs (1GK,1DM/DMC and 1MC) so I am thinking of using hard tackle so I could injure a player of his and he won't have the right sub.

So this is what I am thinking of playing. What do you guys think?

The passing is down both flanks no mixed, I corrected it after taking the screenshot...
    "Human relationships didn't work anyhow. Only the first two weeks had any zing, then the participants lost their interest. Masks dropped away and real people began to appear: cranks, imbeciles, the demented, the vengeful, sadists, killers. Modern society had created its own kind and they feasted on each other. It was a duel to the death...in a cesspool."

4-5-1 v style is the way to go

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    4-5-1 v style is the way to go
    You mean 4-5-1V counter this one?:

I'm playing against this formation also tonight! Orders?

"Rare But Strong Together"

7x 3x 2x

You say his formation is 3-1-3-1-2...
    So, there can be three legal formations:

3w-1-3n-1-2
    3n-1-3w-1-2
    3w-1-3w-1-2

Well?

And why you play attacking mentality and force counters at the same time?
    Counters are suitable with defensive mentality and with long balls.

Ok, so I went 4-5-1V with this guy and I ended up getting a draw in my home game (2-2) and a win (0-1) in the other one. I am very happy with this result since he had a better team than I.
    "Human relationships didn't work anyhow. Only the first two weeks had any zing, then the participants lost their interest. Masks dropped away and real people began to appear: cranks, imbeciles, the demented, the vengeful, sadists, killers. Modern society had created its own kind and they feasted on each other. It was a duel to the death...in a cesspool."

And i saw two neraly equal teams, where the 451V got beaten by the 3n-1-3w-1-2. i tried it myself ahainst a 451V and it was very good. A lot of chances, lots of counter events...i was stronger, but for me it seemed that 451V isnt the right formation against this.

Its strange cause the aml,amr should exploit his missing fullbacks, but it acutally dont!

This game is just confusing me