Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RJSlow
  • 1 Post By DoctorRedDevil

Thread: Tough formations to crack

Question Tough formations to crack

Hello everyone! I have a question.
    For the last two weeks I've been using a 4-5-1 V-style formation and it has served me incredibly well. From 10th positon in mid-season, when I thought about tanking, I finished 2nd, only 4 points below the champion. In this new league season which is even more competitive, it is serving me well too. But there has been one or two formations that I find incredibly hard to counter, even though the opponents that used it have a lot less quality than mine.
    The first is a 4-2DMC-3MC-2ST formation. Weird looking formation, average players, but I failed to trouble them once in the entire match. The other one is a formation that I saw before but never played against it. It is
    ---ST---ST----
    ---------------
    ML-MC--MC-MR
    -----DMC------
    DL-DC--DC--DR
    I fear it, especially because one of my league opponents using this one has very high quality.
    Can somebody give me any sort of advice, like which formation should I use under these circumstances? I have excellent players for almost every position. If a picture of my team is needed, do tell...

Bud, that would be illegal as its 12 players with the keeper... Maybe you mean 4-1-4-1?
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

He has two strikers, but instead of a classic four man defense it is a 3 DC defense
    ---ST---ST---
    --------------
    ML-MC-MC-MR
    -----DMC-----
    --DC-DC-DC--
    -----GK------
    Typing mistake

4-3n-2w-1 for the first one
    4-2-2-2 hex against the second one
    DoctorRedDevil likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Whats the tactis you using on your 451 v style ive had mix results with mine..
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CaribeanTaurus View Post
    Whats the tactis you using on your 451 v style ive had mix results with mine..
    Attacking, Long passing, focus mixed, normal tackling, zonal marking... lost 3 times in a little bit less than 30 matches I believe...
    t11_fan likes this.

I use both 4141 and 3n-1-4-2 (or even 3n-1-4-1-1 sometimes). I think 4141 is good formation and though to beat. I use 3n-1-4-2 against 4 defence formations with narrow mildfield expect hexagon because I've never played against hexagon.