Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SuperDunk
  • 1 Post By RJSlow

Thread: How to counter stacked defense illegal formation?

Rookie

How to counter stacked defense illegal formation?

In the first leg of my champion's league match, my opponent went 5-4-1 like this.

DR-DC-DC-DC-DL
    DMR-DMC-DMC-DML

ST

He scored in the second half and moved the ST back to DMC and won 1-0.

I have second leg tomorrow. How should I counter this?

Thanks

Rookie
    Not only the illegal formation, but he had three or four players playing out of position.

Does anyone have experience against something like this?

My team is a couple stars stronger than him and I have beaten twice before this while he played more conventional formations.

I played a 4-4-2 with no arrows and normal orders against this formation. I changed arrows and orders to get much more offensively aggressive after he scored. I also made a substitution because this typically seems to produce a scoring chance. But nothing worked.

I am at a loss with what to do. He goes back to playing conventional against others, but is now set up in the illegal formation again for our match this afternoon. Any ideas at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lol,worst team ever,4 def,4 dmc/dmr/dml,how is possible that you lost?Maybe he had extreme defending,and you hard attacking and something went wrong,next time use 4-4-2 classic to win against him...
    andrewh likes this.

if you tried using an attacking set up then go defensive with force counter attacks. This will force his players to come up the field and then his defense isn't as strong and you hit him on the counter attack
    andrewh likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    Lol,worst team ever,4 def,4 dmc/dmr/dml,how is possible that you lost?Maybe he had extreme defending,and you hard attacking and something went wrong,next time use 4-4-2 classic to win against him...
    What do you mean by classic? I played 4-4-2 last time. I used no arrows, attacking, no counter attack, no offside trap, passing mixed, own half, zone.

Maybe I should force counter attack or play a man to man?
    Or maybe I should play this.

MC MC
    AMR AMC AMC AMC AML
    ST ST ST

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    if you tried using an attacking set up then go defensive with force counter attacks. This will force his players to come up the field and then his defense isn't as strong and you hit him on the counter attack
    Thank you, I will try this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    I ran this strategy and won 4-1. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    bcz it is bugged in some servers .. illegal formations work better now than some legal ones
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)