Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zan Barrage

Thread: What do you think of this formation?

What do you think of this formation?

ST
    AMR AML
    MC
    DMR DMC DML
    DC DC DC
    GK

I am playing a tie for 1st place in the league against a 3-2W-2N-1-2

What do you think of this formation?-formation.jpg

Famous
    I don't think focusing on the flanks is necessary against a 3n-2w-2n-1-2. Your opponents formation doesn't present an offensive threat from the flanks and adequately defends them. Your oppositions defensive weakness is he can't focus an attack through the midfield, while defending it at the same time. If the MC's have red arrows, your red arrowed midfielders will be running amok! If the MC's have blue arrows, the offensive threat will consist of long passing over the top, since any form of short passing will just prove stagnant if the midfielders aren't offensive minded. I'd run a 4-1-2-1-2 ND. Since there aren't any illegal formations anymore, a 3n-1-3n-1-2 or 3n-1-3n-3 should work as well.

Attacking, through the middle, whole pitch, hard, short, zonal, no counter, no offsides. Red arrows on all midfielders.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 01-30-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks PC. My problem is that the narrow diamond takes away all my top players. Also my MCs have been unreliable lately. Ruminski, Rodriguez and Armstrong are my best players and they will be off.

Famous
    I've been having problem getting good performances out of my MC's as well this season. From reading other threads on the forum, I think its a problem several other managers are having as well.

Maybe a 3n-1-4-2 or 3n-5-2 v would work? You'd both negate each others attack from a tactical standpoint; however with 7-star players on your attacking flanks, hopefully you'd be able to overwhelm him!

Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 01-30-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks again PC. Either case, I would have to add 2 MCs and take out better performing players. I am going with this formation and will change if I meed to at halftime. Thanks again for your feedback. I will let you know how it goes.

Creamed him 5-0!
    What do you think of this formation?-12game.jpg
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan Barrage View Post
    Creamed him 5-0!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12game.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	37235
    Nice job! Congrats!!!

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Nice job! Congrats!!!
    With HIS FULL 50 token scouts squad like that..HE could most likely smash ANY OF his OPPONENTS..no matter formation he plays..to be honest...unless he got troll,bro..especially now no longer has illegal formation..he even can push full attacking roles..
    Not supprise that he can thrash some opponents with 20-0 result even...
    Last edited by Brian Dang; 01-31-2015 at 03:03 AM.