Thread: Weird formation: 2-1-4-3

Weird formation: 2-1-4-3

As far as i have read and understood, this is an illegal formation. So technically i should get 80-20 possession against it.

The funny thing is, in the first leg of CL, i got only 60-40. This was when i was watching the match, he wasn't AND it was a home game with almost a full capacity crowd. I used a simple 4-4-2 against it, seeing that he has only 2 defenders, with the usual slightly motivated orders, and i lost 3-4!

In the second leg, i changed my formation to 4-1-4-1 and barely scraped by with a 2-1 win.

I don't understand what happened. Why would a team with only 2 defenders be able to keep me from scoring so much and get so much possession out of an illegal formation? My team was 3 points better and at level 3, it seems like a decent difference. The goals weren't scored from set pieces either and most of my set pieces that are usually successful were blocked!

Any ideas?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by prakhardeogirikar View Post
    As far as i have read and understood, this is an illegal formation. So technically i should get 80-20 possession against it.

The funny thing is, in the first leg of CL, i got only 60-40. This was when i was watching the match, he wasn't AND it was a home game with almost a full capacity crowd. I used a simple 4-4-2 against it, seeing that he has only 2 defenders, with the usual slightly motivated orders, and i lost 3-4!

In the second leg, i changed my formation to 4-1-4-1 and barely scraped by with a 2-1 win.

I don't understand what happened. Why would a team with only 2 defenders be able to keep me from scoring so much and get so much possession out of an illegal formation? My team was 3 points better and at level 3, it seems like a decent difference. The goals weren't scored from set pieces either and most of my set pieces that are usually successful were blocked!

Any ideas?
    There aren't any illegal formations anymore.

Player quality is just one of several factors impacting player performance! If your opponent maxed win bonus, condition and morale (or close to it) and you didn't, it might account for why the game was closer than expected.

Another important factor is player attributes on hidden mode. There are well programmed and poorly programmed players and those players play well/poorly regardless of quality. For example, the last three 50T scout MC's I've acquired rarely got above a "6" rating. Yet, when I was level 6, I faced a team in the cup with a one star "DC" that frequently got an "8" rating. Checking player form is how to determine whether or not a player is well programmed. If you see frequent low ratings, even if the player has 5 stars, you probably have a poorly programmed player.

So they are practically making this game luck/token based instead of using logic and skills. Is that it?

Famous
    Whether or not the game is devoid of logic/skills depends upon how we define those terms. Mathematical algorithms are determining the odds of victory, so skills are based upon how to generate the odds on the platform into your favor. Unfortunately, this doesn't always mean futbol logic applies, like playing the game without defenders doesn't elicit a possession penalty.

It's definitely token based though, granted not making the game token based wouldn't be a very good business model. However, that isn't to say you need tokens to win. I've seen token buyers lose to free 2 play players several times.

Well it's heartening to see fellow non-token buyers soldiering on!