Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 1 Post By t11_fan

Thread: Cup! Urgent! How to counter 4-3w-1-2?

Cup! Urgent! How to counter 4-3w-1-2?

I met this guy in the quarter final of my cup. I just got a draw from the first leg (home game), and he got 1 away goal.

Here is his team:
    Cup! Urgent! How to counter 4-3w-1-2?-capture.jpg

And my team is like this:
    Cup! Urgent! How to counter 4-3w-1-2?-capture3.jpg
    Cup! Urgent! How to counter 4-3w-1-2?-capture2.jpg

I have also got the match report from the last match.
    Cup! Urgent! How to counter 4-3w-1-2?-capture4.jpg
    Cup! Urgent! How to counter 4-3w-1-2?-capture5.jpg
    Cup! Urgent! How to counter 4-3w-1-2?-capture6.jpg

Is 4-4-2 classic good enough for me to beat this guy? ('cos I have been using it from the beginning of the season)
    If not, is there any suggestion?

Hope someone would give me an answer and I would surely appreciate that.

Famous
    The big thing that stands out to me is your orders and arrows! Your using a lot of options that are designed for a defensive/normal approach such as force counter-attacks and own half pressing. Regarding the arrows, your DL and DR can do more to support your attack if they have red arrows!!!

For the formation, I've lost with a 4-4-2 classic against this same formation before; that doesn't mean it can't work just that the 4-3w-1-2 does appear to possibly play well against the 4-4-2 (there are other threads discussing this as well). However, I've had success using the 4-1-3w-2 against this formation.

If you're able to acquire an AMC, I would think the narrow diamond would be a good play against it as well, due to your opponent having practically no defense in the midfield. Orders for the ND are attacking, through the middle, whole pitch, hard, short, zonal, no counter, no offsides. Red arrows on DL/DR, DMC, both MC's and AMCs. No blue arrows!!!

Good luck!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 02-24-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    peteryeung and Pavol Cik like this.

4141 should work
    peteryeung likes this.
    Ex top eleven player

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    The big thing that stands out to me is your orders and arrows! Your using a lot of options that are designed for a defensive/normal approach such as force counter-attacks and own half pressing. Regarding the arrows, your DL and DR can do more to support your attack if they have red arrows!!!

For the formation, I've lost with a 4-4-2 classic against this same formation before; that doesn't mean it can't work just that the 4-3w-1-2 does appear to possibly play well against the 4-4-2 (there are other threads discussing this as well). However, I've had success using the 4-1-3w-2 against this formation.

W

If you're able to acquire an AMC, I would think the narrow diamond would be a good play against it as well, due to your opponent having practically no defense in the midfield. Orders for the ND are attacking, through the middle, whole pitch, hard, short, zonal, no counter, no offsides. Red arrows on DL/DR, DMC, both MC's and AMCs. No blue arrows!!!

Good luck!
    Will there be any possible alternatives in case I cant buy an AMC?

Best option 4-1-41

4-2-2-2 hexagon or 451 v style if you have better team.Works very good

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by peteryeung View Post
    Will there be any possible alternatives in case I cant buy an AMC?
    4-1-3w-2 normal/down the flanks/own half/hard/mixed/zonal. red arrows on DL/DR, ML/MR and blue arrow on MC, I've used to beat a 4-3w-1-2.

I'd think a 4-5-1V/4-1-4-1, normal/mixed/own half/hard/mixed/zonal red arrows on DL/DR, DMC, (A)ML/both MC's/(A)MR could work as well. Personally haven't tried this setup though...

If you can't find an AMC, maybe using 3 strikers instead (4-1-2n-3) with the same orders as ND might work too.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 02-24-2015 at 11:26 PM.

I remember season 6,i played final CL vs this formation.He beat me 3-2,he was stronger.In group i destroyed him 4-2 with hexagon.In semi final he beat 4-1-3w-2 , 5-2.