Thread: ...kinda fortress?

Apprentice

...kinda fortress?

Hello, misters!
    Tomorrow i'll face the first of my league, 9 points ahead (...i'm 3rd). Look at his formation:
    ...kinda fortress?-cats.jpg
    It looks like a very defensive one but just today he lost with a much lower opponent who played my same tactic, 4-3-3. If i see at that result i should assume that i could beat him but...i think he's not casually first on the rank!
    Have you any suggestion to give in addiction, if i win a could get my mathematical qualification to Champions..
    Thank you!!!!

Famous
    It's been a few seasons since I've faced this formation, but since I haven't seen any comments yet, i'll comment.

Apply whole pitch pressing, since with 6 players behind the midfield line, forcing turnovers will result in your attacking players having the ball deep in the opponents territory. I applied the pressure with an attacking, passing down the flanks, whole pitch pressing, short passing approach.

Apprentice
    Thank you for the suggestion, i just played yesterday and lost ... but i'll keep your tip for the future!
    Only one thing: what do you mean by "forcing turnovers"?

3n-5-2 flat could also possibly work.. 3 DC to cut out his lone striker, 3 MC to face off his 3 MC, 2 strikers should be good enough for 3 of his DC's...
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Famous
    Forcing turnovers refers to your players stealing the ball from the opposing teams players. With whole pitch pressing, you'll be defending on the opponents half of the pitch, so those turnovers will result in possession deep in the opponents half for you.

I can't recall the exact formation I used to beat this formation (it was 7 seasons ago in the 3rd round of the cup), but it was some form of 3-5-2 or 3-4-3!