Thread: Is this a good formation?

Is this a good formation?

Hi all managers,
    I'm at level 11. Currently at 4th position in my league table. Up until now I was playing 4-1-2-1-2(nd) but now I decided to change my formation as I wanted a bit more attacking formation with wingers. So I'm planning to opt for 3-1-3-2-1 like this
    ----------------------ST--------------------
    ------AML-----------------------AMR-------
    -----------------MC-MC-MC----------------
    ---------------------DMC-------------------
    ------DL-------------DC---------DR--------

Is this a good idea? Oh and I'm planning to put red arrows on ST, AML, AMR and central MC and blue arrows on rest of the players in order to keep balance. With attacking mentality and mixed focus passing. Whole pith pressing with hard tackling.
    So do you guys have any other good ideas? Any thing I'm missing here?

VIP
    Any formation is good formation, if you know what you are doing... If the form of your players is bad, no formation will help you to win a game (unless opponent's players are playing worse than yours)... Try to compose formation suited to players in good form...

Thanks for the reply. So as long as my player's form is good the formation doesn't really matter?

Apprentice
    This formation isn't as good as 3w-1-2-3w-1(3w-6-1v). With that's kind of formation, 2 MC and 1 AMC do better than 3 MC. More than that, you'll have big trouble with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond or 3n-2(DML/DMR)-2-1-2, even 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly. Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by padrino View Post
    This formation isn't as good as 3w-1-2-3w-1(3w-6-1v). With that's kind of formation, 2 MC and 1 AMC do better than 3 MC. More than that, you'll have big trouble with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond or 3n-2(DML/DMR)-2-1-2, even 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly. Be careful!
    Thanks for the heads up bud. I'll keep this in mind.