Thread: ultimate 4-4-2

c58

ultimate 4-4-2

hey folks usually i play a 4-3(w)-1-2 attacking formation which has done me well but i think its down to me spending my tokens well in transfers and basically outpowering my opponents. whenever i come across a team equal to my star rating or higher i usually struggle (just lost 0-2 in the cup to a team with 26 star average, mine is 28.2) so im thinking about doing a new formation and from what ive read people say 4-4-2 is the good standard one.

im relatively new having only started in jan so what id like to know is what specific tactics should i use if i go 4-4-2 i.e zonal or man, mixed or whatever and should i use any arrows? what would produce the best results?

442 clasic,normal down both flanks,short passing,own half,zonal.Counter yes.I dont use arrows,maybe on ml and mr.

c58
    ill give that a go and let you know

c58
    used the above and was losing 1-0 at half time, changed to 4-3w-3 and won 2-1. ill try your tactic again for my match later tonight if not give it a change up.
    ive decided to go 4-4-2 with red arrows on the ML and MR and blue on the 2 DC

im going normal, mixed passing, counter, normal tackling.
    im playing against a team i lost 2-3 to ont he 3rd game of the season and hes 3rd im top by 1 point so it will be a good test to see what the formation is like
    Last edited by c58; 03-25-2015 at 10:16 AM.

442c is balanced formation,if u have strong team u can easy win. 442 is good vs some forrmations,and bad vs some form.

c58
    Yeah Well I changed the settings up to play mixed passing and normal tackling, also not down the flanks but mixed again and won 3-0 so I'll keep this and see how I get on