Thread: How to figure out which formation is best for your squad...

How to figure out which formation is best for your squad...

Hi guys, i'm now into my 14th season and between last season and now this season I notice i'm not winning/dominating teams like how I use to the last 10 seasons. So I've used a few different formations with not much success 4-4-2, 3N-5-2, 3W-5-2 not the formation i've been having moderate success with is 3W-1-4-2
    So my question is...how do you figure out which formation is the strongest to use, just keep experminenting formations in cup & CL games & league games??? friendlies?
    Example: I played the strongest opponent in the league yesterday in his stadium, in the 1st half ball possession was 50-50 but somehow he managed to get more shots 9 to 5 compared to my 5 to 3 on target losing 3-0 goals. So in the 2nd half I switched to the counter formation guide 4-1-4-1 in the hopes to get a tie by some miracle, his ball possession goes up to 55-45 get only 4 to 2 shots compared to my 2 to 1 shots on goal and the game finishes 3-0. He was stronger at 80.1 to my 78.8 but not by much
    Now from my experience I've found when you find that sweet formation your almost unbeatable even against stronger opponents....but how to figure out which is best is the key ?????? HOW ???????????
    Any info will be appreciated

Thx

Wow, almost 200 views and no replies/suggestions...interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Juve4Life View Post
    Hi guys, i'm now into my 14th season and between last season and now this season I notice i'm not winning/dominating teams like how I use to the last 10 seasons. So I've used a few different formations with not much success 4-4-2, 3N-5-2, 3W-5-2 not the formation i've been having moderate success with is 3W-1-4-2
    So my question is...how do you figure out which formation is the strongest to use, just keep experminenting formations in cup & CL games & league games??? friendlies?
    Example: I played the strongest opponent in the league yesterday in his stadium, in the 1st half ball possession was 50-50 but somehow he managed to get more shots 9 to 5 compared to my 5 to 3 on target losing 3-0 goals. So in the 2nd half I switched to the counter formation guide 4-1-4-1 in the hopes to get a tie by some miracle, his ball possession goes up to 55-45 get only 4 to 2 shots compared to my 2 to 1 shots on goal and the game finishes 3-0. He was stronger at 80.1 to my 78.8 but not by much
    Now from my experience I've found when you find that sweet formation your almost unbeatable even against stronger opponents....but how to figure out which is best is the key ?????? HOW ???????????
    Any info will be appreciated

Thx