Thread: Need advice on formation and tactics please

Need advice on formation and tactics please

Ok so I'm running a pretty simple set up but I'm struggling more than I should be I usually win around 3-0 to 5-0 however as time goes on my team is seeming to struggle more and more. I'm around 10 points above everyone else in my league. However sometimes my entire match is spent warding off there shots and my team barely fight back. Also my two strikers who at the start of the season were getting goals consistently and in good numbers are barely if even mentioned at all in my matches now, my cam and mr and ml do most the scoring followed by my dmc. Any advice on how to breath life into my squad again would be very helpful. I play defensive for the first half always and only if I'm still drawing will I switch to attacking however I seem to score less when I'm running an attacking game. Everything is mixed or normal it's zonal marking, own half pressing and no force counter attack of offside trap, incase my photos don't upload I'm going to describe my formation numbers will be there levels.
    I'm in league level 2

Edit** also my ML only has the forward arrow since my last match as an attempt to make due with my midfielders since my strikers aren't performing also I always go into match's with full morale and cnd above 85.

-------ST30----ST30------
    ------------CAM29----------
    -ML30---MC30---MR34-
    ------------DCM32----------
    ---DC30-DC30-DC30---
    -------------GK34------------

Last edited by Rikki Conboy; 05-12-2015 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Adding small details

Famous
    Welcome to the forums! You've got a nice looking team!

Few things I noticed:

1. Try and go into the game with max condition; I understand that following a CL/Cup game it may not be possible. When possible, try using backups against weaker teams in the league to conserve player condition for more important matches.

2. I always read into games where I struggle at the end of week 1 with a grain of salt. I always seem to have a game or two that are more difficult than it should be at this stage of the season. Could be random, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nordeus increased the likelihood of troll results, to generate revenue.

3. Your formation isn't a defensive formation, so maybe your team would play better with a normal mentality?

4. Some players have better form in different formations and/or positions than others. Could try switching your strikers (left to right; right to left). Another option is trying a different formation...

Good Luck!

Thanks for the advise I'll try a few of the things you mentioned. Any ideas on how to bring life back into my strikers? It's breaking my heart cause they were always top scores in the league and now some of my defender's out score them.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Conboy View Post
    Thanks for the advise I'll try a few of the things you mentioned. Any ideas on how to bring life back into my strikers? It's breaking my heart cause they were always top scores in the league and now some of my defender's out score them.
    What's there form?

If form is good, goals will come!

If not, the following is what i'd do;

1. Try switching there position. Ex. Try your left striker in either the middle or right slot.

2. Play them in a different formation. Some players play better in a 4-4-2 classic than 4-5-1 V-style and vice versa. There is also the little thing of counter-formations too.

3. If their form remains poor; get rid of them. Some player will perform poorly regardless of there quality (# of stars) and there is little that can be done to fix it.

EDIT: What formations have the opponents that have given you trouble been using? If that formation counters yours, that could explain why the goals have stopped also.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-12-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Both of them get 7 or 8 form in most matches I don't think I've seen either get lower than 7 even once, tried a friendly with style as normal and my strikers were a lot more involved but didn't convert any goals in the match, both got a 7 rating, gonna give them both a run as a solo striker and see if it suits them better, thanks for all your advice

There formations vary a lot but the common factor seems to be a weak midfield usually only 2 and 5 defender's, not all had 5 defender's but the ones who didn't had a Def midfielder or two in aswell