Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: counter for 4-4-2 ?

Dreamer

counter for 4-4-2 ?

Hi ! I need some counter to beat 4-4-2 in a cup match . Thanks !

4-3-3 and 4-4-2 diamond apparently do well against this formation.
    For both, passing focus is through the middle. The mentality used is usually attacking, but if your team is much weaker, you can use a defensive mentality for the 4-3-3 and counter attack. I can't say a defensive mentality for 4-4-2 diamond though, but a normal mentality probably can be used.
    For diamond formation, passing is short. For 4-3-3, passing can be mixed or long.

I have not used both of these formations enough, but use one of these depending on what your team plays best.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-04-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Dreamer
    My quality is 169 and his quality is 170

Take only your starting 11 and his starting 11 into consideration when you compare quality.
    A 4-3-3 with defensive mentality, passing long through the middle and counter attack should do it.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-04-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Apprentice
    1. there are no Counter formations. when you Chose the right orders every Formation will beat every Formation.
    2. if u want to Play 4-3-3 in this case, you should not Play defensive! the right orders are normal, mixed, own half, Long and Counter attack. arrows u can try red on all st and blue on the middle mc. These orders are very strong! i have defeated one of the best Players on my Server.
    3. with more Players in ur own middlefield u can get more Possession
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by minz90 View Post
    1. there are no Counter formations. when you Chose the right orders every Formation will beat every Formation.
    Then, tell me what will happen in the following case if team A plays against team B.
    Team A plays 4-4-2 with the right orders.
    Team B plays 4-3-3 with the right orders.

Apprentice
    1. u Need orders to begin the match. last season my beginning orders were normal, mixed, own half, short, hard. red and blue arrows for ST. this season i begin with attacking, mixed, own half, hard, Long and Counter attack.
    2. then you have to look on the stats and pressure.
    3. we dont no the orders of the Opponent.
    4. we have to find out within the game how we can make some pressure and create chances.

no chances or no pressure : short => Long passes
    Long and counter =>mixed passes and counter => short without Counter

no arrows (in most cases best to begin) => 1 red arrow on ST and 1 blue arrow on other ST

But Keep in mind when we Change some orders within the game, then the opponen dont have the right orders anymore. If both Teams have good orders, the result can be a draw.

whats ur philosophy? attacking? defensive? Long or short? more Possession? whole pitch or own half?
    That is what u have to know when u want to Change some orders.

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by minz90 View Post
    1. u Need orders to begin the match. last season my beginning orders were normal, mixed, own half, short, hard. red and blue arrows for ST. this season i begin with attacking, mixed, own half, hard, Long and Counter attack.
    2. then you have to look on the stats and pressure.
    3. we dont no the orders of the Opponent.
    4. we have to find out within the game how we can make some pressure and create chances.

no chances or no pressure : short => Long passes
    Long and counter =>mixed passes and counter => short without Counter

no arrows (in most cases best to begin) => 1 red arrow on ST and 1 blue arrow on other ST

But Keep in mind when we Change some orders within the game, then the opponen dont have the right orders anymore. If both Teams have good orders, the result can be a draw.

whats ur philosophy? attacking? defensive? Long or short? more Possession? whole pitch or own half?
    That is what u have to know when u want to Change some orders.
    So, according to you, it is order countering rather than formation countering.
    I agree that changing orders if the pressure is on your team seems to help (but not always).

I think that both the formation and the orders are important.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-07-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Apprentice
    yes, right. last season i wanted more Possession and more controle. this season i want to Play attacking with Counter attacks. only when I get into residue i can not longer Play on Counter attacks. otherwise I always play with Counter.

My Team

Dreamer
    zonal marking or man on man ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast