4-5-1V Style Options.

4-5-1V Style Options.-.jpg
    Mentality: defensive
    Focus : down the both flanks
    Pressing : own half
    Tackling : hard
    Passing Style : mixed
    Zonal and counter attacks no trap.

Is this right orders and arrows if i want to play defensive style?
    And if want to play with attacking metality, how i should change orders and arrows?

Help me please, it's very important for me.

I used this with 4-5-1V

4-5-1 V in a brief
    it's a great counterattacking formation IF used the right way
    DL-DR, AML-AMR, ST should have red arrows , this will be your attack , with " down both flanks " not the middle, that's the point of 4-5-1 V , the flanks not the middle.
    DC's and DMC should be blue arrowed , if your opponent have a really STRONG MC's your MC's too should be blue, if not just leave them un-arrowed
    press own half yea with counterattack of course , mixed passing

mentality : depends on your opponent , just forget about "hard mentalities" it is either attacking , defending or normal. as for me i'd use attacking if i had strong wingers.

defense : zonal mostly, but if your opponents attackers are weaker than your defense use man to man

tackling : hard tackling could destroy your team and dreams sometimes , as it will cost you alot of cards and even goals from PKs or Fouls, so if a better team use normal, if a weaker team use easy.

Sometimes i used 4-1-4-1 ingame

for this 4-1-4-1 i use normal mentality, both flanks, own half, normal takling, mixed passing, zonal marking, counter, no offside!

-------------st--------------
    -----------------------------
    ml/aml----mc----mc----mr/amr
    -----------dmc/dc-----------
    dl/dc-----dc-----dc-----dr/dc

good luck
    Max MC Melos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    I used this with 4-5-1V

4-5-1 V in a brief
    it's a great counterattacking formation IF used the right way
    DL-DR, AML-AMR, ST should have red arrows , this will be your attack , with " down both flanks " not the middle, that's the point of 4-5-1 V , the flanks not the middle.
    DC's and DMC should be blue arrowed , if your opponent have a really STRONG MC's your MC's too should be blue, if not just leave them un-arrowed
    press own half yea with counterattack of course , mixed passing

mentality : depends on your opponent , just forget about "hard mentalities" it is either attacking , defending or normal. as for me i'd use attacking if i had strong wingers.

defense : zonal mostly, but if your opponents attackers are weaker than your defense use man to man

tackling : hard tackling could destroy your team and dreams sometimes , as it will cost you alot of cards and even goals from PKs or Fouls, so if a better team use normal, if a weaker team use easy.

Sometimes i used 4-1-4-1 ingame

for this 4-1-4-1 i use normal mentality, both flanks, own half, normal takling, mixed passing, zonal marking, counter, no offside!

-------------st--------------
    -----------------------------
    ml/aml----mc----mc----mr/amr
    -----------dmc/dc-----------
    dl/dc-----dc-----dc-----dr/dc

good luck
    How much success you had with the combination of normal or attacking mentality and force counter attacks (if ever you have used such combinations)?

Rookie
    So am i using defending style right?

I don't usually venture into Tactics area as I don't like the do x+y=W principle.

I watch a lot of games and so my tactics are a starting point.

Defensive (Normal if reasonable Q advantage on the pitch), Down both Flanks, Own Half, Hard, Long, *Marking and Force Counters.
    Wingers and Striker gets red arrows. 1 or both central DCs get Blue.
    Whether my fullbacks get reds or not depends on width of opponent. eg if its ND they get reds.....

*I chose Marking Style based on the opponents threat. As a guide, if its a -1-2 or -3 attack I choose Man on Man and 2 DCs and DMC get Blues. Otherwise, and if I'm still planning on playing 4-vstyle its Zonal.

If things are not working as expected I change.

If its stalemate with few chances either way I change Mentality to Normal and or Passing Style to Mixed.

I no longer play Attacking, I find Normal is attacking enough and feel Attacking 4-vstyle is inherently weak v c-a.
    (In the past when I used Attacking I always had to watch out for a Counter-attacking threat and change (ie if opponent was getting high CK count or high proportion of Shots on Target). So instead I decided to start differently and change to attacking if necessary (which is rare).)

If I need more ball Long > Mixed. If wingers are having bad time Flanks > Mixed.

If I get desperate Own Half > Whole Pitch.

The only time I tend to start Mixed rather than flanks is if I'm playing v a Xstyle.

Like Buster my players are geared towards 451v/4141. I can use 352v too in a similar fashion but usually if I have 2ST + wingers I start Mixed rather than Flanks.

Other tweaks can happen but it really depends on in game changes rather than a starting set up.

Its just the way I do it. Results can go down as well as up and your home may be reposse........
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 07-27-2015 at 03:21 PM. Reason: oops corected "v a vstyle" to "X-style"

Rookie
    thanks a lot!

start with 4-1-4-1

after 20 min you can see what the opponent is doing

and then you can adjust orders and formation to 4-5-1 if necessary

if opponent plays defensive you need to lure his players out to get shots then you use counter

every opponent plays different and after about 20 min you get an idea what to do

Rookie
    Are you using red arrows on ML\MR AML\AMR and ST?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    I don't usually venture into Tactics area as I don't like the do x+y=W principle.

I watch a lot of games and so my tactics are a starting point.

Defensive (Normal if reasonable Q advantage on the pitch), Down both Flanks, Own Half, Hard, Long, *Marking and Force Counters.
    Wingers and Striker gets red arrows. 1 or both central DCs get Blue.
    Whether my fullbacks get reds or not depends on width of opponent. eg if its ND they get reds.....

*I chose Marking Style based on the opponents threat. As a guide, if its a -1-2 or -3 attack I choose Man on Man and 2 DCs and DMC get Blues. Otherwise, and if I'm still planning on playing 4-vstyle its Zonal.

If things are not working as expected I change.

If its stalemate with few chances either way I change Mentality to Normal and or Passing Style to Mixed.

I no longer play Attacking, I find Normal is attacking enough and feel Attacking 4-vstyle is inherently weak v c-a.
    (In the past when I used Attacking I always had to watch out for a Counter-attacking threat and change (ie if opponent was getting high CK count or high proportion of Shots on Target). So instead I decided to start differently and change to attacking if necessary (which is rare).)

If I need more ball Long > Mixed. If wingers are having bad time Flanks > Mixed.

If I get desperate Own Half > Whole Pitch.

The only time I tend to start Mixed rather than flanks is if I'm playing v a vstyle.

Like Buster my players are geared towards 451v/4141. I can use 352v too in a similar fashion but usually if I have 2ST + wingers I start Mixed rather than Flanks.

Other tweaks can happen but it really depends on in game changes rather than a starting set up.

Its just the way I do it. Results can go down as well as up and your home may be reposse........
    Are you using red arrows on ML\MR AML\AMR and ST?

new season newplayers

i play with no arrows a couple of games getting a idea how the players are doing 7 and 8 are good for me

after that i us sometimes arrows but it depends what opponent i get

Last season i played 3n-1dm-4-am-st (diamond)with no arrows (st/ left center) (most of the matches)

every thing normal with counter

i did win the league and second champ league

(and i am a 35 T player)
    Last edited by Buster Keaton; 07-27-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast