Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bunzo
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 1 Post By Ioannis Boulakas

Thread: Posssible to beat 3-1-3W-3 formation that is 7 points better then my team

Posssible to beat 3-1-3W-3 formation that is nearly 8 points better then my team?

Is it possible to beat this team ?
    Posssible to beat 3-1-3W-3 formation that is 7 points better then my team-3-1-3w-3.jpg
    The team on the right is the team I am playing against which is fielding a 3-1-3w-3 formation.
    As you can see on the left of the image I already tried a 4-5-1 V formation with no success.

My team is currently 36.8 and my opponents team is 44.7.

Posssible to beat 3-1-3W-3 formation that is 7 points better then my team-team-head-head.jpg

Am I just destined to lose no matter what formation/tactics I play?
    Are there any tactics that will give me a chance to sneak victory even using ultra-defensive tactics?
    Has anyone got any ideas on how I should approach the match?

Thanks in advance.

*Background it is a champions league group I need to guarantee second place by beating this top team in the group, as the third placed team will be playing the weakest team in group.
    Last edited by An Bainisteoir; 08-05-2015 at 10:20 PM.

4-4-2 would be my way
    Attacking down the wings
    An Bainisteoir likes this.

Famous
    If possible, max all your bonuses. Your opponent, if he's clinched first in the group might elect to save some cash/boosters. If your iucky he might rest key players to not accumulate yellow cards.
    Level 40 Manager

OK I will try 4-4-2 seems like the most balanced way. I am annoyed because it was my own fault that I got in this position in the group.

My own fault I am in this predicament! I should have played for a draw in my previous game (where I could have secured second with a draw against the third place team) but made the mistake of not bothering to look at the group points before I played.

I will max out on boosters and hope for the best too.
    Hope the top guy plays his second team!

Dreamer
    4-4-2, 4-5-1 flat and 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly

I played 4-4-2 hexagon (defensive counter) which was the nearest I had to 4-4-2 and my opponent switched tactics and played an adventurous two at the back 2-3DML/DMR-1-2w-2
    Posssible to beat 3-1-3W-3 formation that is 7 points better then my team-champs-league-result.jpg
    I was 1-0 on 60mins and decided to switch to ultra-defensive it didn't work ended up 1-1 final score conceded on 76 min.
    More annoying still was his team only had 4 shots on target but my team had 11.
    Went hard attacking for the last 20 and his keeper kept saving them.