Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By talisman
  • 1 Post By talisman

Thread: Bad tactic!!!!

Bad tactic!!!!

Bad tactic!!!!-formation.jpgBad tactic!!!!-orders.jpg I play with this formation and this orders!!! But i lose a lot of games!!! I don't know what is wrong with this!!! please help me!!!!

First: If you're using Attacking mentality, turn off the counter-attacks and offside trap. Your team doesn't know whether it's coming or going.

In my experience, red arrows on DL/DR don't work as intended, and I don't think the red arrow on the ST is necessary, either.

Others will have further comments...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

talisman....I'm really loving your advice lately. keep em coming
    Last edited by Sons of Pitches; 08-17-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    First: If you're using Attacking mentality, turn off the counter-attacks and offside trap. Your team doesn't know whether it's coming or going.

In my experience, red arrows on DL/DR don't work as intended, and I don't think the red arrow on the ST is necessary, either.

Others will have further comments...
    In what situations do you use the arrows?

In theory, you'd use the red arrows to encourage the player to go forward when there is clear space in front of them, providing there is nothing they need to do in their normal role, e.g. DR has to mark his nearest opponent, but if he's free, go up and support the attack.

The blue arrows would be to used to encourage the player to sit back from their primary role, e.g. MC assisting DM- or D- players, useful if your DMC is unavailable and you don't want to risk the % hit that playing an MC in the DMC position would entail.

I use the arrows on the AML/AMR in 4-5-1V, and AMC in x-1-2 formations, as it seems to make them 'shadow strikers' without the need for the SA. With DL/DR I've found it makes them ignore their primary responsibility and leave the opposition wingers free reign... and experimenting with the arrows in the new 'live view' on the Android App tends to confirm this.

I rarely use blue arrows as I think the players, if you're playing defensive mentality, cope adequately without the extra prodding.

If a manager is going to put lots of arrows on their players, I would question whether they might be better putting the players in the formation that the arrows are guiding the players to in the first place.
    Last edited by talisman; 08-17-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    sparklinginsilence likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Dascalu View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	formation.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	51869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orders.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	51870 I play with this formation and this orders!!! But i lose a lot of games!!! I don't know what is wrong with this!!! please help me!!!!
    Glaring things are

1. Take off counter-attacks (as Talisman stated). I've never used offside trap with 4 defenders, so don't know how useful it is here.
    2. Short passing instead of mixed. Players are close together and the volume of players in the midfield enables a build up coming through the middle, like a train.

I play mine like this, with the exception of no blue arrow on defenders usually.

Bad tactic!!!!-roster-production.jpg

I also agree with Talisman that red arrows on the ST's aren't necessary. As your can see one of my ST's has 60 goals (now 42 matches) and I don't use a red arrow on him.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 08-18-2015 at 01:06 AM.
    Level 40 Manager

Rookie
    Potentially go to own half pressing against tougher opponents as well
    S1 : 6th (joined with 4 games to go) | S2 : League Champion Unbeaten, Cup| S3 : Champions League, League Runner Up | S4 : Champions League, League Runner Up | S5: League Runner Up | Champs League Runner Up| S6: 3rd | S7-12 (need to update lol)

Thank you all for the tips!!!! My team start to play better and better!!!!!

Apprentice
    1. To many arrows in attacking Mode!
    2. Notice that offside trap is not possible on every Match!
    3. Full pitch need short Passes
    4. Counter attack you should not play in this Mode!

Better you Start your matches in normal Mode without any arrow. After beginning you can add 2-3 arrows. Maybe on dl, dr, dmc.