Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By talisman

Thread: CL Final - weird formation - ideas?

CL Final - weird formation - ideas?

Palace Terriers have a CL Final tomorrow (yay!)

Opponent is as below, but has a strange non-standard formation, which he has used for every match:

CL Final - weird formation - ideas?-s03-champ-cc-final-aly-gemy-fc.pngCL Final - weird formation - ideas?-cl-final-oppo-formation.jpg

He has been beaten in home legs of previous rounds by 4-2-2-2Hex and 4-3N-2(AML/R)-1, and drawn with in one home and one away leg with 5-3N-2 and 3W-DMR-3N-3. For some reason he wins big in away legs using his formation against the ones listed above.

Looking for some ideas to play with for a formation which will give him something to think about...

TIA
    Last edited by talisman; 09-17-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

4-5-1 flat maybe? focus: Mixed...
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 easy
    Currently season 17 - level 17

League Winners (12) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
    League Runner-up (3) - Levels 5, 13, 15
    League 3rd place (1) - Level 8

26-0-0 league (1) - Level 4
    Champions League Winners (8) - Levels 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
    Champions League Finalist (2) - Levels 13, 14

Cup Winners (3) - Levels 1, 4, 15
    Cup Finalist - Level 13

TEAM HISTORY

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    My experience for asymmetrical formations :
    - I don't care much to set a counter formation
    - When i tried to play counters (for example vs your oppo formation setting AML + AMC,ST to the left side) I failed
    - I just set a classic formation like 4-4-2, 4-4-2 ND or 4-5-1V that fits for the game and for my players
    - Don't underestimate those formations. Of course there are abandoned teams but teams like this, with good games in CH.L. or league, it's not by accident. It's a voodoo team
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Thanks for the replies, chaps, very useful. In the end I got a bit close to the deadline for setting a team up (just in case he decided to change his formation) and decided to go with the formation the squad knew and played most frequently. So, 4-5-1V, but with normal/no counter/flanks/mixed passing/normal tackling. Pretty even game, but when I switched on counter-attack in second-half and subbed striker who wasn't doing much, Terriers took the initiative, scoring an 83rd minute winner for 2-1 result - CL Trophy awarded!!

Also, I usually ramp up the win bonus (or in this case, actually give one) for Cup Finals and forgot to do so on this occasion, so it seems the bonus, or not, as the case may be, doesn't have much effect...
    Last edited by talisman; 09-18-2015 at 01:28 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...