Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Morgan O'Bree

Thread: Facing asymmetric formations today

Facing asymmetric formations today

Today's matches are the 2nd round of the CL group stage at 12.15am tomorrow morning, and the 3rd round of the league at 5.19am, both away matches.

Facing asymmetric formations today-cl.jpg

For this one, at the moment, the plan is to go 4-3N-2W-1, treating the opponent as a 4-1-3N-2. Fullbacks and the two off-centre MCs will have red arrows, central MC will have blue arrows. We'll be playing normal with counter attacking long balls down both flanks.

Facing asymmetric formations today-league.jpg

For this one, I'm treating it as a 3-5-2 V. He has two scout fullbacks, but attackers, although low in stars, are very attack minded in terms of stats, so I'm considering two options:
    - The butterfly, possibly with red arrows on wingbacks, again counter attacking football with long balls down the flanks.
    - 3-3-2-0-2. The exact positions and orders are yet to be confirmed, but it will be a defensive formation, with defensive mentality and long balls through the middle to expose his weaker centrebacks.

Discuss. Both matches, please.
    Last edited by Potemy; 03-14-2013 at 04:49 AM.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

For the first, i'd go 4-5-1 V or 3-1dmc-2mc-3AMs-1 / 3-1-2-2AMs-2, since doesn't seem to me like he could attack for real. Your amcs will hold both his DMs, and with 3 AMs you'll get the superiority on his left with the central DM having to care of your AMC. red arrow on your dmc to par with his 3 MCs.

On the other side, almost 50% of my opponents last year played this formation but with 2 STs instead of the dml (4-1-3-2), against whom i used alwais 4-4-2 ND and alwais won by a considerable gap.

for the second one, 3N-DMR/DML-2MC-2AMs(r-l)-1 should work fine. Blue arrow or Red one on your DMR (depending on what style you select) to play it on the sides (you can even go full right flank probably), with your AMs keeping busy his wing defenders avoiding them to cause too much trouble. If he plays offensive with reds on them, your amc will have a lot of fun down there.

That's what i'd do :P i ask you to give me a piece of advice in my thread in return :v
    Potemy likes this.

Thanks for the reply, Morgan. Nobody else? Really?

For the first match, I think I will stick with 4-3-2-1, since it's basically 4-5-1 V with the DMC pushed up. I will take off a defender for an AMC if needed.

For the second match, I guess I'm going to start with the butterfly, but will change my formation to attack through the middle if needed.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15