Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gizzmo
  • 1 Post By Boby_

Thread: How to beat 4-1-2-1-2 Wide Diamond?

How to beat 4-1-2-1-2 Wide Diamond?

Hi everyone!

I'm playing a cup match as a guest against a team 3 levels above mine and 12% better than my best possible starting eleven. My team is above everything offered on the transfer market so I can't buy better players nor can I power-train my current to catch up in time.

I know that the "common wisdom" says you need 3-5-2 flat to beat 4-1-2-1-2 Wide Diamond but I can't make 3-5-2 without a big compromise in players quality (ML and MR I have are 30% weaker than the AML and AMR I have). Furthermore I have two very good full backs and one not so good DC.
    My question is do I have any chances with 4-2-2-1 with "defensive" arrows for AMR/AML (to turn them to ML/MR in defense phase), "attacking" arrows for DMC (MC in attach phase) and attack arrows to DR/DL to use them properly while attacking to support AMR/AML.
    Basically 4-1-2-2-1 V with some tweaks. I would also use Normal team mentality, down both flanks attacks, short passing style, high pressing, normal tackling and man-to-man marking (no offside trap, no counter attacks).

All team bonuses will be at 10% of course (I hope this won't be the case for my opponent but who knows).

Do you think I stand a chance with this tactics or I should trade the quality for 3-5-2?
    Last edited by Boby_; 02-17-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Famous
    I am a bit like you since I do not have ML/MR in my squad. I faced this formation 3 times already this season and played my classical 4-5-1 V (attacking arrows on both my wingers + 1 MC). I won 3 games (5-0, 4-0, 4-0) very easily including one this morning in cup against a very good opposition.
    But, here your problem seems to be the overall quality Try this but defensive with counter-attacks. Be patient even if you are down by 2 and switch to normal in the last 20 mins if everything looks bad.
    Darren Power likes this.

Thanks, gizzmo!

I'll give the defensive with counter-attack a chance for the first half and see what will happen. In any case I don't have a lot of other options.

5:1 victory at the end!
    The difference in quality was not that big - he had two of his top players banned for one cup match so it brought my team disadvantage to about 6%.
    I started with 4-1-2-2-1 V, defensive style and counter attacks plus team bonus on defense. He scored first so I changed to normal style, short passing and team bonus on attack in the second half and.... 5 pieces!
    Second leg won't be that easy but 4 goals lead and home ground are quite a good start even against much stronger opposition.
    Plus the team bonuses work very good - with both managers watching the match and full stadium (meaning 5% for him) I had 58:42 possession. I had more players in the midfield but his quality was higher so the difference should have come by the 10% team possession bonus from training.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.

I have the same game tomorrow as you had. Can I ask you hou did you do it. Is not so clear to me the 4-1-2-2-1 v
    s that 4-5-1 v

Quote Originally Posted by Mircea Emanuel Anghel View Post
    I have the same game tomorrow as you had. Can I ask you hou did you do it. Is not so clear to me the 4-1-2-2-1 v
    s that 4-5-1 v
    Yes

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by: Team Bonus to the defence and Team Bonus for Attack ?
    I have to play with a 141%, and I am 118%

I have same game of champions league quarter finals at tommorow against 4-1-2-2-1 V & i have my own formation since i have been playing 3-1-4-2 with attackin arrow at midfielders & attackers. Defender has no arrows.
    What should i do?
    I always do counter attacks & mentality attacking man to man defence low pressing & normal tackling.mix pass and mix focus passin ,
    At last 15 minutes i do long pass and through the middle ...and make 3 substitutions in whole match time at any time..
    Plz help for tomorrow's match ..
    Thanks

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Match result 2-2 in 1st leg .. With my proper formation

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk