Thread: Suggestions against 3w-4-2amc-1

Suggestions against 3w-4-2amc-1

I've never seen this formation before and don't really have a clue what to field against it. My opponent is a full star level above me in quality so I'm not expecting miracles, but I'd like to go into the second leg of the cup round with a chance. (48 v 53 and he's got a couple players above scout level) I was planning on going with a 5(dmr/dml)-3mc-2, but maybe that's too defensive? I was debating trying a 3n-2dmc-2wm-1amc-2, but that formation has been pretty hit or miss for me.

You could try 3w 2dmc 3w 2st...it's called maple leaf I guess.

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk

I'll give it a try in the return leg. I lost 2-1 at home, sort of a weird game. Had the possession advantage, one less shot on target with the 5-3-2. I turned the counter on in the second half and gave up the second goal.

I'd probably go 3n-2(dmc)-3w-1-1. If you do go with the maple leaf, I'd go with the AMC version to get one more player in the midfield to match his 6. 3w-2(dmc)-3w-1-1. Either way, I'd play defensive with counter

Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post
    You could try 3w 2dmc 3w 2st...it's called maple leaf I guess.

Good call! First time I've tried a 3w-2dm defence and it worked pretty well. Went into half tied at one and switched to a 3w-2dmc-1-3w-1 at 70 min and somehow pulled out a 3-2 win.

Quote Originally Posted by motrin View Post
    I'd probably go 3n-2(dmc)-3w-1-1. If you do go with the maple leaf, I'd go with the AMC version to get one more player in the midfield to match his 6. 3w-2(dmc)-3w-1-1. Either way, I'd play defensive with counter
    I started with this, but 2 ST instead of an AMC, but replaced the MC with an AMC after he got hurt 6 minutes in. (because he was using offside trap) I think he went too defensive after going 2-1 up because it was the first time I started having the majority of possession and managed to grab two goals, but maybe it was from bumping my wide midfielders forward.

Nice win. Congrats on moving on to next round.

@kun, nice 1, I love victories like this, it makes you feel like you using your brain, sense of good tactical decisions. I am so proud of you.