Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TiagoNBA

Thread: Defensive Mentality

Defensive Mentality

Hey guys,

Was just curious who all plays defensive here? I have played for 31 seasons always attacking or normal but never tried a defensive playing style. What formations do you use with orders and arrows? And how successful was it? When would you play defensive? Do you use man on man coverage?

Please share 😊
    If a man has the right attitude, even if he is average, he'll work hard enough to play well. As long as he thinks he can be good, that's all that counts.

-Bear Bryant-

League Champion: 11*

Champions League Winner: 5*

Cup Winner: 2*

Treble Winner Level: 1

ROLL TIDE

Charleston, South Carolina Title Town USA

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Brown View Post
    Hey guys,

Was just curious who all plays defensive here? I have played for 31 seasons always attacking or normal but never tried a defensive playing style. What formations do you use with orders and arrows? And how successful was it? When would you play defensive? Do you use man on man coverage?

Please share 😊
    I play the 3, but started defensive this season with 4 2DMC 2ML/MR 2ST or a 4 1 4 1, depending of the attackers in my half. Orders are defensive, down both flanks, mixed passing, counter on, zonal marking, low pressure, offside trap of..let's give it a 60% success rate.

Pretty much I play most of the time 4-5-1V, with counter on (this is quite attacking) and sometimes change formation when on autopilot. Yes, I use man marking and have only suffered a loss yesterday against a way superior team in CL (and I wasn't even present), that too only 3-1 away. Unbeaten in league, and eliminated but unbeaten in Cup

Man marking gives a great defensive boost to me, so I never really need to use the defence bonus.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Rookie
    4-1-4-1 counter on goes very well with defensive mentality
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.