Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Duncton
  • 1 Post By Andrew Nifield

Thread: 3-2DM r/l -2narrow - 2str

Apprentice

3-2DM r/l -2narrow - 2str

Hiya

What do you reckon for tactics.

This guy I'm playing in the cup (one level above me) has a very defensive formation. I play 4-0-3N-2W-1.

I'm wondering how I can use tactics against this, if I go all attack I'm sure I'm playing into his hands. I was thinking, maybe I play a normal style with low press, counter attack with long pass on? Using normal to take advatage and not be too defensive at home as I'll have possession.

Maybe if I can invite his defenders onto me I can counter past them. Maybe mixed directions as he has 5 defenders lol.

Cheers.

Remeber to take Dmc if you want to force counter attacks.
    Anways your thread is confussing.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Dreamer
    Missing a player. Did you mean 3N-2W-3MC-2ST?

I wouldn't go down the flanks if he has DML/R.
    Andrew Nifield likes this.

Apprentice
    Yea, I think I went long down the flanks in the end, hoping to pass it past them into the space behind once they pushed up. I didn't want to fight against 3 Central midfielders and 2 central defenders.

Got the win,2-0, home though. He watched, I didn't, so it was 1% possession for me with my supporter. I'll probably do the same in the away leg and hope to scrape past another one of these guys. At least I'm thinking more about my tactics against these guys than i would against people in my league.
    Duncton likes this.

Apprentice
    Went all out defensive on the away match, as I couldn't watch again. Won 1-3.....next guy is level 8 now (I'm 6) so another hard one. I only just realized I won the level 8 cup last year tho lol.

Looks like he's playing 3-4-1AML-2 tho...so I'm hopeful